Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank USPSA and IPSC for all of the coverage they have of this match. All the live streams and social media videos put forth by the governing bodies are amazing.

Or, wait. No, there's just one non-official volunteer doing it all. Hmmm. Well, he gets all the thanks then.

Thanks Paul!

I'd like to thank USPSA and IPSC for all of the coverage they have of this match. All the live streams and social media videos put forth by the governing bodies are amazing.

Or, wait. No, there's just one non-official volunteer doing it all. Hmmm. Well, he gets all the thanks then.

Thanks Paul!

+100 for Paul's coverage. Sad that the scores are so slow in being posted to the site.

When I shot the FL Open, they were using a pretty robust almost instantaneous scoring system. You can even go to a kiosk located all over the range and print your scores. They had all the scores on monitors as the match was happening. I wonder what happened to that?

! Was there also. It was the test run for the world shoot, bla bla bla. Then when it came time to ship stuff, set up the electronic score system they wanted to charge or charge more. Something like that. So that wasnt gonna happen. Paper it is. Lol

It was a cool system. Expensive no doubt.

Edited by a matt

Eric usually asks not to be filmed from what I understand.

really? i've seen plenty of video of him at various matches. paul got him on most stages at last year's production nationals.

i think the reason paul hasn't recorded him is that he's not on the same squad as the US production team.

Eric usually asks not to be filmed from what I understand.

really? i've seen plenty of video of him at various matches. paul got him on most stages at last year's production nationals.

i think the reason paul hasn't recorded him is that he's not on the same squad as the US production team.

Could be. I just remember someone (Saul?) saying he wasn't in the DAA WS vids because Eric had asked not to be filmed.

Eric is on a different squad.

Yes but he is one of, if not the, biggest name in ipsc/uspsa right now. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would like to see some of his stages too.

It is weird though that they would not squad the two current production champions on the same squad.

Edited by Prov1x

Eric is on a different squad.

Yes but he is one of, if not the, biggest name in ipsc/uspsa right now. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would like to see some of his stages too.

It is weird though that they would not squad the two current production champions on the same squad.

Especially seeing that, from my understanding of how the squads are put together, France and the U.S. could have been squadded together.