Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been tracking the Revolver teams, where it appears that the top competition is between USA, GERMANY, and BRAZIL. Those three squads have all shot the same stages, according to the postings. The 12 Stages #19 through #30 cover a total of 200 shots out of 501 [apparently] for the match. Because of the way the results are posted, you can't easily compare the results between shooters. The overall competitor results combine all divisions for all shooters, for all the stages that they have shot. The top result in any given stage is not likely to be a revolver shooter, so the match points are sort of meaningless. However, the relative placement of the 4 shooters in each of these teams have an average Hit Factor for the stages that they have shot.

On the Average Hit Factor ranking, after these 12 stages, the order of these shooters is:

USA Lentz - 1.4976

GER Back - 1.4383

USA Olhasso - 1.3674

GER Schneider - 1.3475

USA Walsh - 1.3322

BRA Polverini - 1.3126

GER Knaus - 1.2436

USA Griffin - 1.1992

BRA Almeida - 1.1951

GER Rosas - 1.1655

BRA Azevedo - 1.1562

BRA Carvalho - 0.8031

Team Average HF [top 3 shooters at this point]

USA 1.39907

GER 1.34313

BRA 1.22130

Note that average HF does not translate into relative rankings, even at this point, because the differences in stage point values and top HF for the Revolver shooters at each stage.

Still, things are looking good for Team USA, and Josh Lentz could well come out as Top Revolver for the match. His main competitors are AUT's Reiter [avg HF 1.5080] and ECU's Lopez [avg HF 1.6042]

Shouldnt Nils J be moves to open? Video shows he grabbed his mags from the front pocket?Http://Www.liveshots.net

Stage 28 - Nils Jonasson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's shooting standard (limited) so no position requirement for mags like there is in production. I didn't see him pull one out of his pocket though, just put one in his front pocket when he was done, but it wouldn't matter in that division.

Watch closely! I wasnt the first to notice it! He lost a mag when he moved closer! He then started digging into gis pocket when heading to last position. Im from the US so dont know IPSC rules but i was told he should be bumped to open. Just watch him heading into final position. It took forever to grab the mag because it was from his pockets. Even in USPSA, you cant grab from front pocket, no?

I'm sure someone smarter than I will let us know. Lol

IPSC does have MAG position regs behind the hip bone like production in IPSC standard our Limited or close to our Limited.

Edited by a matt

Didnt write my post properly. I meant to ask a question. I am getting mixed answers. I was told in IPSC, you cannot retrieve from pockets. Is this true? If it is, it sure looked like he did grab from the left side pocket.

Also, is that allowed in USPSA?

When I attended IPSC Nats last year in Univ Academy, they checked my equipment at each stage! Ive never seen that before! They also marked how many mag pouches I had on! Thats why Im leaning that this rule is true and if it is, doesnt Nils get a penalty?!

Didnt write my post properly. I meant to ask a question. I am getting mixed answers. I was told in IPSC, you cannot retrieve from pockets. Is this true? If it is, it sure looked like he did grab from the left side pocket.

Also, is that allowed in USPSA?

I was wrong about mag position in standard. Looks like they do have to be behind the hipbone. IPSC rule 5.2.4 says additional ammo can be carried in rear pockets, but it's not clear if they can be retrieved from there? I think they can, but that's really just a guess. USPSA's 5.2.4 is very specific. Ammo can be carried and retrieved from apparel pockets as long as the location of the pocket doesn't violate specific division requirements i.e. Production behind the hipbone, so front pocket retrieval would be a bump to open, but if shooting limited, L10 or open ammo from any pocket is fine. I'll have to watch the video again on a better screen.

Thanks! I appreciate the clarification! I mean, I want Nils to win to continue his winning streak but I just don't want it tainted. I saw a post from a competitor on the match in FB and he was upset that Nils didn't get a penalty when he grabbed the mag from his pocket. He was saying Nils should be bumped to Open which I find extreme. I don't see an advantage grabbing from the pocket. To me, it's slower!

Thanks! I appreciate the clarification! I mean, I want Nils to win to continue his winning streak but I just don't want it tainted. I saw a post from a competitor on the match in FB and he was upset that Nils didn't get a penalty when he grabbed the mag from his pocket. He was saying Nils should be bumped to Open which I find extreme. I don't see an advantage grabbing from the pocket. To me, it's slower!

You should go back and inform Mr. competitor of his over site. Lol

You might want to watch it again. He reloads going forward and the mag doesn't seat. He reloads again and shoots the left forward array. He reloads again moving to the right and fires 9 more times. That reload appears to come from a pocket. The question is whether the mag came from the front pocket OR a pocket behind the seam of his shorts. You can't tell from the video.

The CRO was on his right, no chance at seeing the reload. The RO (score keeper) was out of position, directly behind Nils.

Ryan, if you mean the post on Nil's FB page that guy is a good friend of Nil's just giving him a hard time. Sure looks like he snagged it from his front pocket. Stage over, he signed the sheet. Its done.

1st, wow he took a really hard fall onto the rocks. nice recovery.

I don't see an advantage grabbing from the pocket. To me, it's slower!

do you think it's faster than running back to pick up the mag that fell out of his gun after his 1st reload?

it looks like the RO didn't have a good angle to see it.