Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

Nope. No oilfield. Just gonna drive on Friday may work a half day. <br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4<br /><br />

Am I missing something? Driving to the Texas Multigun Match on Friday means missing a day of shooting. Match registration is Thursday afternoon, and shooting starts on Friday morning around 7:30am. Shooting continues until about noon Sunday, then awards, prize table, etc, then expect to get out around 2pm Sunday.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is in charge of ROs?

Also

How many guys do we need for a trooper class. I have several dudes at FT Hood that will be interested.

Yes, Sheldon is the one about ROs.

And sorry, there are no plans for Trooper class in 2014. I have shot matches with Trooper class. I did not partake, I do this for fun. ;)

Never been to Liberty Hill.

Any recommended lodging?

Bill

You have a few choices. Anything in Georgetown, Cedar Park, or Burnet will be within about 20-30 minutes of the range.

When I said I've never been to Liberty Hill, I should have said I've never been to either Liberty Hill. I was attempting to find a hotel near the Liberty Hill located about 40 miles northeast of Austin and not the correct Liberty Hill located 25 miles northwest of Austin.

Thanks for the information.

Bill

Never been to Liberty Hill.

Any recommended lodging?

Bill

Burnet is a smaller town and might make more sense depending on where you come from. Georgetown and Cedar Park have more choices. The little place in Bertram looks convenient but has given bad experiences the last couple years. My rule for matches is to book the room even if I am not sure I am going to the match. I can always cancel.

Can someone give me the layout of the match. Can you walk between stages with a cart or will a auto be required to haul gear?

You will need a gun cart, modified stroller, or wagon to haul your gear between stages. Throw in a small folding chair, too! Plan for five stages Friday, five stages Saturday, and two on Sunday, unless the mix gets changed.

Can someone give me the layout of the match. Can you walk between stages with a cart or will a auto be required to haul gear?

You will need a gun cart, modified stroller, or wagon to haul your gear between stages. Throw in a small folding chair, too! Plan for five stages Friday, five stages Saturday, and two on Sunday, unless the mix gets changed.

Thanks, Have a great cart.....

Thanks, Have a great cart.....

Sun screen and a couple of bandanas to wipe the sweat and/or dust off your face are also advisable for that time of year.

First, there are just too many competitors and too many vehicles and vendor and food tents, etc., to allow parking by the stages. While all the stages are walking distance from each other, it is a long haul from the parking lot so a cart is a good idea. However, ATV/UTV/golf carts are ok, just not cars, trucks, jeeps, etc.

As Frank said, 5 stages a day, so 2 in the morning/3 in the afternoon, with a lunch break, so you need 3 stages max of ammo, etc., with time to re-supply at lunch. Actually, in case you need to head back to the car, there will be a break between every stage, since we use the shoot one/watch one format.

Expect wind and dust. And sun. It could rain. Temps could be 40 to 95. Check back closer to the match. :)

For hotels there are a bunch in Cedar Park at 183A and 1431. 183 takes you right up to Liberty Hill then make a left on 29 to the range. Takes about 20-25 minutes to get to BOTW.

183A is a toll road, but there are free frontage roads just stay on them. It is never crowded driving up there. Watch out driving through Liberty Hill, big time speed trap.

Will squad list be posted somewhere?

I would like to see if I made it into a friend's squad.

Bill

Squad lists will be posted about a week before the match. Generally there are so many last minute requests that it does no good to post anything earlier.