Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Color Fiber Optic do you use in your Front Sight and why?

stick

A post I just read got me thinking about the Sevigny competition sights I use in my G34. The fiber optic rods come in just about every color imaginable. I ended up choosing Green because I feel it is the brightest for me. The red didn't work at all ( I couldn't see it ) I'm red/green color blind, blue wasn't that bright, orange just looked wrong. So, what color fiber optic do you use and why?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with Green as well, like you - a bit color blind. The red just doesnt do it for me. But that green lights up like a LED when out in the sun.

I think you'll find alot of different recommendations , everybody's eyes are different.

I run green front and red rear on all of my guns. Why? Green because you can shoot longer in the day and it doesn't wash out on the grass because it's a florescent colour. Red on the rear because you will have a red/green/red sight picture.

I went from red to green because it flares less. Running them side by side, my accuracy was better with green. With red, I had a hard time calling my shots, with green, much easier.

Going to try orange and purple someday.

I run green front and red rear on all of my guns. Why? Green because you can shoot longer in the day and it doesn't wash out on the grass because it's a florescent colour. Red on the rear because you will have a red/green/red sight picture.

Sounds great , but I'm red/green color blind.

Damn, sucks to be you! :roflol:

How are you with yellow or orange?

Damn, sucks to be you! :roflol:

How are you with yellow or orange?

OK I guess.

I didn't like the yellow fiber optic (it wasn't bright enough) and orange I couldn't track that well.

Just buy a truglo variety pack and try them all. I pick up green well but have no trouble picking up warren tritium front and black rear. Everyone is different so what works for me may not work for you.

I started with green after some research.

Then switched to green and noticed a big improvement in my ability to pick up the sight.

I ran out if green fiber and went back to red.

My scores suffered.

Now it's green again and ill be staying with green.

I do this too. I can just see this combo better, even indoors.

That's really interesting! I use red and wear clear lenses.

I always assumed the red + red combo would wash out, rather than contrast and make it pop. Will have to try this!

Lester

I run red --- and then I use red lenses in my Rudy Projects .... really makes the red dot pop.