Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

What's the probable causes & fix when a occasional round doesn't fire? When this occurs, sounds like hammer drops, next shell releases, I rack it and the gun runs again.

I'm the 2nd owner but I was told the guns history is 1000-1500 rounds, carbon arms tube, Benelli extractor. Barrel extractor groove was also pretty rough, I polished this area and the problem occurs much less but still had 2 on a 20 rd stage today (60 rds total). Has happened with Federal bulk pack and today was Gun Clubs, gun clean & well lubed.

Thanks!

I had this happen one of the first times I had my new M3000 from MOA out. I found that I didn't have the extension nut tightened all the way. The barrel was not quite fully seated and it was causing light strikes. It wouldn't do it every round, but did twice out of about 25. The second time I took a closer look and got it tightened down better. Now I take special care to push the barrel in hard when I tighten that nut. I'm sure I was just being overly ginger with my new shotgun while reassembling it those first few times. Since yours is a reoccurring issues this may not be related but thought I'd throw it out there.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the probable causes & fix when a occasional round doesn't fire? When this occurs, sounds like hammer drops, next shell releases, I rack it and the gun runs again.

I'm the 2nd owner but I was told the guns history is 1000-1500 rounds, carbon arms tube, Benelli extractor. Barrel extractor groove was also pretty rough, I polished this area and the problem occurs much less but still had 2 on a 20 rd stage today (60 rds total). Has happened with Federal bulk pack and today was Gun Clubs, gun clean & well lubed.

Thanks!

When you rack the bolt, is a live or spent shell being ejected? If it is a live shell, is there a primer strike?

Live shell in the gun when it doesn't fire, not 100% sure on primer strike. Appears bolt is not fully locked up (maybe 1/8" short) when I inspect after it occurs. I've duplicated the bolt just short of fully rotated with a round in the chamber but it fires.

There was another M3K in my squad who had the same issue on 2 different stages.

I recently installed a kickeez and I think it is bump firing because of it. I had about 3000 rounds through it before the Kickeez. Today I had 2 doubles out of it. Ideas?

Edited by Nebwake

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, just picked up an m3000. i haven't been able to shoot it yet, but really looking forward to it.

in the meantime, i've been polishing the mag tube and installing a few parts- NC +7 tube, NC low drag follower, NC barrel clamp, and RNT Release tab(which doesn't fit due to the spring spacer on the mag tube).

Anyways, i had a quick question about the barrel/tube clamp. Does any one else find that this makes their mag tube angle up towards the barrel? i don't know if this is common or not, but it was pretty noticeable to me. i don't think it's getting close enough to actually be damaged by shot or anything, but like i said it's pretty noticeably angling towards the barrel. is this another clamp i can order which resolves this? or is this a common thing that doesn't effect anything?

Thanks everyone!

hi everyone, just picked up an m3000. i haven't been able to shoot it yet, but really looking forward to it.

in the meantime, i've been polishing the mag tube and installing a few parts- NC +7 tube, NC low drag follower, NC barrel clamp, and RNT Release tab(which doesn't fit due to the spring spacer on the mag tube).

Anyways, i had a quick question about the barrel/tube clamp. Does any one else find that this makes their mag tube angle up towards the barrel? i don't know if this is common or not, but it was pretty noticeable to me. i don't think it's getting close enough to actually be damaged by shot or anything, but like i said it's pretty noticeably angling towards the barrel. is this another clamp i can order which resolves this? or is this a common thing that doesn't effect anything?

Thanks everyone!

If it’s a noticable preload it will most likely affect your POI with slugs, but you won’t know until you sight it in. TACCOM makea a clamp that addresses the issue.

I recently installed a kickeez and I think it is bump firing because of it. I had about 3000 rounds through it before the Kickeez. Today I had 2 doubles out of it. Ideas?

I have one of those pads, and I do not have that issue with my M3K. Thomas at MOA cut the LOP down and installed the pad for me.

Thanks everyone!

typically if your not going to move the barrel to adjust your POI for slugs, you don't want to run the clamp. You can bend your mag tube and install the clamp to adjust your point of impact though. I am going to try and do that with my M3K here soon.

I've finally encountered my first function failure with my MOA M3000, but it turns out guns don't run well when they get bits of bark and trees inside their actions when they fall to the ground after the gun rack they've been sitting on collapses onto the ground.

Note for the future: M3000's feed 12ga ammo well, do not feed vegetation well. Clean your gun a bit when it gets dumped in the weeds.

Here's an M3K with the MOA tube in blue. The OEM charging handle and bolt release were very dull green looking (compared to the deep blue of the tube) and were swapped out with a Nordic charging handle and OR3GUN bolt button. I don't have a picture that shows the installed OR3GUN follower, which is also blue.

M3K-Parts.jpg

Here's a close-up of the tube against the OEM parts:

M3K-Variations.jpg

The difference is in sheen as much as color. They are on opposite ends of the gun, so you may not even notice the difference when installed.

thank you for that. I don't want to say I'm OCD, but that mismatch might bug me a little. Just not sure. I do like the blue tube, and the red follower from MOA looks like, but that greenish bolt handle and release might be a bit much.

Guess you can swap those out, like you did, or just stay black for the tube.....hmm..mmm

• 3 weeks later...

Opened the loading port yesterday. I think it turned out alright thanks to folks that have shared info in this thread and elsewhere. I could quad load without anything done but am 30-40% faster now pretty easily.

post-63323-0-98549600-1465563428_thumb.j

post-63323-0-97127800-1465563441_thumb.j

post-63323-0-27823800-1465563451_thumb.j

Based on info in this thread and many others, I'm a new m3k owner! While I was replacing the lifter with a TTI one the breech bolt latch broke on the backside where the pin goes through; I didn't even hit it that hard! Anyone know if the Benelli one fits on the m3k? Pictures look the same/similar- but I'm unable to find dimensions. I'd order the Stoeger part but seems like its in high demand aka out of stock everywhere, perhaps to the same thing that happened to me?

Hsac,

Thank you for posting this- last night this was showing out of stock- same site. Midwest is showing the m3000 part in stock as well. I took a gamble and already ordered the benelli parts- I'll report back my findings when they arrive.

Hsac,

Thank you for posting this- last night this was showing out of stock- same site. Midwest is showing the m3000 part in stock as well. I took a gamble and already ordered the benelli parts- I'll report back my findings when they arrive.

The benelli part, while slightly different in design, function just fine in my m3k. The pin also fits perfectly. Said pin also doesn't flare out like the other that I had to hammer out.