Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

A very pleasant young lady called me from MOA today. I was able to stop my tube order

Asked about the work on the gun it self she explained that Tom is going in for hip surgery and is going to be down for a few weeks. And asked to be patience.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a common problem for a new M3K to have occasional issues with feeding 3dr 1 1/8oz loads (Federal Walmart bulk pack)? About every 8th to 10th round I will get a failure to feed where the bolt goes forward on an empty chamber and the next round is still on the carrier. I ran 2 boxes of Winchester AA 3 1/4dr 1300FPS today and they ran 100% with no malfunctions.

Andy

I've got about 300 rounds of the same stuff through mine. Not a single issue so far. It even shoots the lighter 1oz 1350 Federal slugs just fine. All I've done to mine so far is add a MOA tube an a Nordic follower. I've heard the M3K/M3000's can be hit or miss. It looks like I got a good one.

1 ounce at 1350 has a dram equivalent of 3.5, that is more than 3 dram. :)

Your right, I'm retarded. :goof:

I finally got to run the M3k. I literally got it out of the box got that stupid plug out installed the tube [+5 should have gotten a +6]. And put 50 rounds through it. More recoil then expected but a very nice cadence. Absolutely love it.

As far as a shooting experience what is the difference in the gun after MOA

Edited by 1911vm

• 3 weeks later...

I could see where my extractor was dragging on the notch (more shiny then the rest) so I took a fine diamond file and cleaned it up then followed on with fine grit sand paper. That was all I could figure to do personally, now it doesn't really matter how slow/close I have the bolt to being shut fully the extractor doesn't catch. It was before I did some work on it.

Edited by 12Bravo

I need some help... I opened up my loading port and polished the mag tube my gun runs great but I am having problems loading 2. I think I need to take the loading port further forward but I wanted to get some opinions before I get the dremel and files back out.

0c4a993c8201aa6fc73e1ed211284c1a.jpg

8bd61954a64002f73c0e5b7229c1f5d9.jpg

965a07e1466e969ec8c8fff30320caf9.jpg

I pushed the dog but he wouldn't move haha

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Is it a common problem for a new M3K to have occasional issues with feeding 3dr 1 1/8oz loads (Federal Walmart bulk pack)? About every 8th to 10th round I will get a failure to feed where the bolt goes forward on an empty chamber and the next round is still on the carrier. I ran 2 boxes of Winchester AA 3 1/4dr 1300FPS today and they ran 100% with no malfunctions.

Andy

Yes, some polish on the magazine tube and inside of the carrier will accelerate the "break-in" otherwise, it might be up to 1000 rounds on some of them with particularly rough surfaces. Better lube like Lucas Extreme Duty will help too. If you are in a wet climate, the stock tubes need to be wiped and lubed after use or they might rust. Some rust, others do not.

Unlikely you would have rough, dry and rust, but if you do, fix those three areas and you should be okay with 3 dram.

This is a few weeks old, but worth an easy answer. In about 90% of the cases where a customer asks me this question about a factory M3K that he just bought, I tell him to lube the hell out of it. Run it WET, on the outside of the mag tube, carrier rails, and bolt lugs. CLP works great if it isn't winter, but gets gummy below about 35deg. At a local club match a new guy showed up with a brand new M3k and it was doing exactly thisa couple months ago. I always bring my portable gunsmithing box to any match I don't fly to. We pulled the fore-end, sprayed CLP as I just stated, and it ran 100% for the rest of the match. After 3-500 rounds of break-in, you can get lazy about keeping it wet. Or run hot loads from the get-go and forget about the oil, your call.

Anyone run a stock M3000/M3k then send to MOA and compare the two? I don't shoot 3gun much but I want one nice shotgun. I have a lot of nice pistols and an nice custom AR but shotgun is just a pump 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone run a stock M3000/M3k then send to MOA and compare the two? I don't shoot 3gun much but I want one nice shotgun. I have a lot of nice pistols and an nice custom AR but shotgun is just a pump 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have. I have built my own guns for decades. MOA's work is top notch and well worth the too low a price.

I need some help... I opened up my loading port and polished the mag tube my gun runs great but I am having problems loading 2. I think I need to take the loading port further forward but I wanted to get some opinions before I get the dremel and files back out.

0c4a993c8201aa6fc73e1ed211284c1a.jpg

8bd61954a64002f73c0e5b7229c1f5d9.jpg

965a07e1466e969ec8c8fff30320caf9.jpg

I pushed the dog but he wouldn't move haha

Can anyone make a recommendation on my loading port?

What gun do you have? I have the newer M3K, I opened it up by copying off of the pictures on this page http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219&page=113

I don't have any pictures of it because almost everyone in this thread posted pictures of theirs.

I don't think it really helped me load any faster.

I just have a standard m3000. I need to practice my reloads but sometimes it's like hitting a brick wall with the shell. I think I need to take a little off the string also but first I'm going to load it up and let it compress a few days.

I was working of Patrick kelley pictures from his orginal gun. I can not see the follower as you can in his pictures.

What gun do you have? I have the newer M3K, I opened it up by copying off of the pictures on this page http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219&page=113

I don't have any pictures of it because almost everyone in this thread posted pictures of theirs.

I just have a standard m3000. I need to practice my reloads but sometimes it's like hitting a brick wall with the shell. I think I need to take a little off the string also but first I'm going to load it up and let it compress a few days.

I was working of Patrick kelley pictures from his orginal gun. I can not see the follower as you can in his pictures.

You can take it a little more forward and down on the 3oclock as well as the 12 o'clock, albeit a bit angled.

I did mine last week to an m3k. Feels nice and smooth, definitely loading faster than stock. But occasionally, like you, I feel the first shell (whether loading dual or quad) gets stuck when it's maybe a little past 3/4 of the way inserted... And it halts my progress on the 2nd shell. I usually have to wiggle it or back out half way and then forcefully retry. Sometimes, it causes me to fumble the 2nd set of the quad that I'm holding. (Still new to grasping 4 at a time so my grip isn't all that solid yet)

Only happens about 1 out of every 3-4 attempts.

I think there might be more polishing needed above where the follower sits... Just inside the mag tube on the top. If I had to guess I'd say hats where it's sticking... But I've been told to be careful on doing the inside as you might wear off the shelf for the follower.

Hope someone else could elaborate further...

818a96c6ed5e16b11ff3db38018a61fe.jpg

539dcdf30ddd6f9d329549271ff5f2aa.jpg

I hit a "brick wall" where I couldn't get the second shell in during quad loading, no matter how much pressure I applied, it was a brick wall, and scratched my head for a bit. Ultimately my son figured it out for me and found the lip of the brass on the shell (dummy shells) was catching the lip of the magazine extension tube at the opening, and would cause the second shell to get hung up. It was all about the angle of that second shell and once I angled the pressure up a bit, when pressing in, the brass cleared and they went in. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing, hope that helps.

What's the probable causes & fix when a occasional round doesn't fire? When this occurs, sounds like hammer drops, next shell releases, I rack it and the gun runs again.

I'm the 2nd owner but I was told the guns history is 1000-1500 rounds, carbon arms tube, Benelli extractor. Barrel extractor groove was also pretty rough, I polished this area and the problem occurs much less but still had 2 on a 20 rd stage today (60 rds total). Has happened with Federal bulk pack and today was Gun Clubs, gun clean & well lubed.

Thanks!

Too many people take too much material off the receiver without realizing it is the internal work that makes the loading fast and easy.

Video on loading port mods is March 30.

https://www.facebook.com/Carbon-Arms-Corp-495735763781812/

Thanks Kurt for the video I watched it the other day and then I have watched it seveal times since.

So regarding my gun on the pictures posted above are you suggesting that corner should remain almost the same and taper down the taper the front of the receiver from middle down towards the follower to create a funnel?

What's the probable causes & fix when a occasional round doesn't fire? When this occurs, sounds like hammer drops, next shell releases, I rack it and the gun runs again.

I'm the 2nd owner but I was told the guns history is 1000-1500 rounds, carbon arms tube, Benelli extractor. Barrel extractor groove was also pretty rough, I polished this area and the problem occurs much less but still had 2 on a 20 rd stage today (60 rds total). Has happened with Federal bulk pack and today was Gun Clubs, gun clean & well lubed.

Thanks!

When you rack the bolt, is a live or spent shell being ejected? If it is a live shell, is there a primer strike?

Thanks!

next time check and see if the bolt has rotated all the way into battery