Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ammo question.....I normally shoot Fiocchi 7.5 3 dram 1 1/8 loads 1250 fps Well, my better half bought me 2 cases of 1165 low recoil Fiocchi.Any of yall have problems with them cycling in a M3K ? I have about 200 rounds through her and I polished all moving parts.Wont get to try them until Friday.My first 2Gun match is Saturday..LOL

I would not shoot them at a match. Inertia guns need recoil to operate.

It is important to know what payload is being pushed to 1165fps?

1 1/4 ounce will run the gun.

1 1/8 ounce is at the bottom of the operating window

Yea, yea....lots of guys will be on posting in a minute that their gun runs with them...that's great.

But inertia guns have other factors to consider. But my explaining all of them will only be overshadowed

by the "it works in my gun" posts.

So that's my opinion. Good luck.

Here is a video that shows how these guns operate.

and another

Edited by P.E. Kelley

So at last match I had failures to eject (seems to be fixed by smoothing extractor channel and installing Benelli parts) and I also had double feeding in to the lifter. Fired 88 shells today consisting of Rem STS and Wal-Mart Federal and have one double feed per type of ammo. Pic below. Any clues on what could be causing this? My loading port cuts are very mild compared to what I see on here.

IMG_2249_zpsqsocox0m.jpg

I'm not sure where you are, but I had some running issues this weekend. I was shooting some 1 1/8 that should be around 1180ish. But it was literally freezing and they wouldn't make power. Something to keep in mind is powder can be temp sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my m3k, gonna grab an extention and follower from moa and pretty much call it a day, excited to see how it runs

Grab a Dremel and you're all set. They polish up nice. 85c21fe15d019c91606d1634ddc88a60.jpg

I'm going to see how loading quads goes with the stock port before I take a dremel to the first brand new shotgun I've ever bought lol

Just ordered my m3k, gonna grab an extention and follower from moa and pretty much call it a day, excited to see how it runs

Grab a Dremel and you're all set. They polish up nice. 85c21fe15d019c91606d1634ddc88a60.jpg

Did you polish the whole bottom of the receiver or is it just the camera?

I am not very good at putting together Enos Handles and customer names, but all the shotguns that arrived before SHOT should be going out this week. We lost a big chunk of time after the wreck, but we are getting back on track. Unfortunately, the biggest hurdle has been catching up on emails. We typically get 2-300 emails a day, but between SHOT show and the week we lost from the accident, we have literally THOUSANDS of emails. I spend 2-3 hours a day responding, but that cuts into time spent on the guns as well. We are getting there, slow but sure. I have already been here 12 hours today, and yesterday was a 16-hour day. Small parts orders are caught up through yesterday except custom recoil pads, and we ONLY have about 15 custom Stoeger builds going simultaneously right now :)

Tom

Edited by openclassterror

What is everyone using for slugs? I tried some of the 7/8oz Fiocchi low recoil (1300fps), but they wouldn't cycle in my gun. I see Fiocchi makes a 1oz low recoil, but it's only 1150fps. So it seems that it is the same powder charge as the 7/8, just a heavier slug. Will that work better? In the meantime I'm using Federal reduced recoil 1oz at 1300 fps and they run great.

I run the 1oz. Fiocchi, but if the Federals are working and you have them, use them. The cost of slugs in a match is far less than the cost of a malfunction. If you want to cut it close, do it in practice, use the 100% stuff in matches. Remember the difference between going home and going home happy might be one slug FTE.