Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think the MOA is $5 but I'm guessing that's because he makes his own nut. I was going to get an MOA but they didn't have any in black when I needed to order. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, the only difference is the nut. I'd get a low drag follower too right away and the barrel clamp. I'd get a +7 or 8 just so you have extra capacity.

so this may sound stupid again but I do not like the way gun looks when the extension go's past the barrel a lot. 1in but that's about all. at the level I am at it will not make a lick of good to have more capacity LOL

Got up this morning and realized that I did not get a confirmation. Has any 1 ordered from MOA? Do the email confirmation / tracking

It can take a little while for the confirmation to come through. Also, my order took over a week to ship.

Edit: I was wrong, I just went back and checked and I got my confirmation within a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by TennJeep1618

Got up this morning and realized that I did not get a confirmation. Has any 1 ordered from MOA? Do the email confirmation / tracking

I did not get a confirmation either and I placed an order on Monday for a +8 w/ follower...

Lucky I kept the window open and took a screenshot of my order number.

Just checked, I haven't been charged...

Hmm...

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bigbob21

I just tried to call them and getting some weird recording the push some extention and it just goes in circles. Does anyone have a number for them that works thank you

I've run into the same problem before, I contacted them through MOA facebook page and got a response.

Is it a common problem for a new M3K to have occasional issues with feeding 3dr 1 1/8oz loads (Federal Walmart bulk pack)? About every 8th to 10th round I will get a failure to feed where the bolt goes forward on an empty chamber and the next round is still on the carrier. I ran 2 boxes of Winchester AA 3 1/4dr 1300FPS today and they ran 100% with no malfunctions.

Andy

Is it a common problem for a new M3K to have occasional issues with feeding 3dr 1 1/8oz loads (Federal Walmart bulk pack)? About every 8th to 10th round I will get a failure to feed where the bolt goes forward on an empty chamber and the next round is still on the carrier. I ran 2 boxes of Winchester AA 3 1/4dr 1300FPS today and they ran 100% with no malfunctions.

Andy

Yes, some polish on the magazine tube and inside of the carrier will accelerate the "break-in" otherwise, it might be up to 1000 rounds on some of them with particularly rough surfaces. Better lube like Lucas Extreme Duty will help too. If you are in a wet climate, the stock tubes need to be wiped and lubed after use or they might rust. Some rust, others do not.

Unlikely you would have rough, dry and rust, but if you do, fix those three areas and you should be okay with 3 dram.

Andy

I've got about 300 rounds of the same stuff through mine. Not a single issue so far. It even shoots the lighter 1oz 1350 Federal slugs just fine. All I've done to mine so far is add a MOA tube an a Nordic follower. I've heard the M3K/M3000's can be hit or miss. It looks like I got a good one.

Andy

I've got about 300 rounds of the same stuff through mine. Not a single issue so far. It even shoots the lighter 1oz 1350 Federal slugs just fine. All I've done to mine so far is add a MOA tube an a Nordic follower. I've heard the M3K/M3000's can be hit or miss. It looks like I got a good one.

1 ounce at 1350 has a dram equivalent of 3.5, that is more than 3 dram. :)