Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp belts: how many do you have?

ProGunGuy

I run in production and am dabbling in Limited now. I run a Glock in Productio and a MP in Limited.

I only have 1 belt that I swap out the holster, etc according to which i am shooting.

So do you have separate belts for each gun/holster combo?

I try to keep one belt for each division I shoot. Dosn't always workout as I seem to add a new division every year lately. If you want to run one rig I've heard great things about the Safariland ELS system. Easy to change out and move equiptment.

I try to keep one belt for each division I shoot. Dosn't always workout as I seem to add a new division every year lately. If you want to run one rig I've heard great things about the Safariland ELS system. Easy to change out and move equiptment.

+1

I have 5 rigs for USPSA and ICORE, plus a couple "regular" belts for IDPA.

But I'm in the process of updating to Safariland and the ELS system.

Started with a Bianchi 2 belt setup but found it to be less than sturdy so I got a CR speed after trying a friends. Recently went from Open back to Production and got another CR for the Prod setup. So I guess the answer is 3?

With all the expenses of this sport the convenience that $55 per rig buys is well worth it. Plus then you have loaner gear to get others addicted!

yes - different belt. Same inner belt though.

Too bad a vendor doesn't offer the outer belts by themselves. I make my own outer belts, a piece of velcro, a hunk of leather and some polystyrene :)

Just got my third. 1 for single stack 1 for limited and now 3 gun . I mounted a safariland ELS kit to TEK LOKs so i can use a CR Speed belt and be able to remove the shotgun shell holders easily.

When my dad and I started, we each had a belt. He didn't last long in the sport so I canibalized his :) Since then I've bought 3 more. The first two I originally bought don't fit me anymore, we ordered on the small side to begin with.

Now I have a dedicated belt for Production, Limited and 3-gun. Then I have a belt still setup for dad and one for my little brother who has shown some interest.

I went a long time with just the one belt though. I swapped things around between SS and production and 3-gun. It was easy enough when I used gear that just slid onto the belt, but now I have some CR-speed mag pouches for limited that clamp to the belt and take some time to adjust. I wouldn't want to take those on/off a lot. Same deal with most of the speed holsters out there. I still use uncle mikes mag pouches for SS/production and sliding them on/off is easy. I rigged up a couple CR-speed mag pouches with tek-loks on them for 3-gun. My holster, shot shell caddies and AR mag pouch all have tek-loks as well so it's real easy to swap things around for the stage at hand.

I've run my production gun (glock) in limited before with my production rig, Just use large mags and added a magwell. I have an STI setup for limited now with it's own belt, but I still just run the mags on the side so it's the same reload as the production rig.