Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What powder do you use for 45 Acp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clays, soft shooting accurate, Red Dot second choice priced well. Winchester 231/ HP 38 same powder lots of 45 rounds have been sent down range with 231 just an old standby that meters well works fine in most standard pistol calibers. Was one of the powders years ago when we were shooting 200 gn lead SWC's. Which I still enjoy shooting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys. I will soon be ordering my 650. Just made a trip to my Dads, he had over 10,000 primers and powder, dies. The price tags were still on the primers at $9.80 for a 1000 CCI large pistol. Thanks Pop.

His only request was he gets free reloads.

Have used 231 for past 25+yrs?, but switched over to Win Auto Comp last year till I ran out ..but lucky just got my 24 lb order in the other day,so back to Auto Comp... I just like the with it feels and seems a little cleaner with less smoke..

G'

1+ for Clays...Just chrono'd 230gr LRN 3.8gr of Clays, Large pistol primers at 738FPS average= 169PF

Shoot nice and accurate out of an STI USPSA single stack and a Colt Gold cup.

Jan

• 3 months later...

Nobody above mentioned Autocomp. Meters well but I had to switch to WST because Autocomp was not getting on the shelf as fast as WST. Vit powders might get low in supply with what has been said about closing one of their factories,note only one of the handfull of factory location.i believe the Finland plant is scheduled for closing Jan 2014

Anybody ever use IMR 700x?

I use 700X in the .45ACP and it works well. It does double duty as my 12 ga 1 1/8oz target loading too

I use 700X in 9mm and 45ACP. Works great, fills the case, has low smoke/residue and seems to be more readily available than other powders.