Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is a great place to buy bullets on-line?

Wyokid

A lot depends on whether you want jacketed, lead, plated or dipped. A lot of the jacketed will go through distributors and dealers, most of the other types will be direct from mfr.

If you want lead these people have good bullets and pricing:

http://www.bulletworks.com/

Or if you want a one stop shop, Powder Valley has a lot of goodies.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

For 1000 count I like Roze's Dist.(Zero Bullets). Free shipping! With things going the way they are they might be BO on what you want though. Others mentioned might be a bit cheaper by the case.

FWIW

Richard

montanagoldbullet.com

+1. MG is the only bullet I use.

MG was the only bullet I used, up until this year. I still use them in my open gun, but for PD, I now use Precision Delta. Cheaper, and just as good.

I just looked at PD website. For one thing they do not offer nearly the variety of bullets that MG does. Unless I'm missing something the only 9mm JHP they offer is in a 124. That rules them out for a lot of Open shooters.

They have nothing in the way of a CMJ bullet. They are mostly FMJ's which will have an exposed lead base just like every other FMJ on the market I presume? I don't even shoot FMJ's in Production. Just too dirty and leady.

While they are much cheaper than MG if bought in small quantities such as a thousand, when bought by the full case they are only a few dollars cheaper than MG.

And the few bullets I clicked on were out of stock so it looks like they do not have nearly the capacity of MG.

So like I said, MG all the way. :sight:

montanagoldbullet.com

+1. MG is the only bullet I use.

MG was the only bullet I used, up until this year. I still use them in my open gun, but for PD, I now use Precision Delta. Cheaper, and just as good.

I just looked at PD website. For one thing they do not offer nearly the variety of bullets that MG does. Unless I'm missing something the only 9mm JHP they offer is in a 124. That rules them out for a lot of Open shooters.

They have nothing in the way of a CMJ bullet. They are mostly FMJ's which will have an exposed lead base just like every other FMJ on the market I presume? I don't even shoot FMJ's in Production. Just too dirty and leady.

While they are much cheaper than MG if bought in small quantities such as a thousand, when bought by the full case they are only a few dollars cheaper than MG.

And the few bullets I clicked on were out of stock so it looks like they do not have nearly the capacity of MG.

So like I said, MG all the way. :sight:

All that is true, Sarge....but for someone wanting to try out bullets instead of buying 4k at a time, its the way to go. MG bullets are great, but their CMJ bullets have to be loaded so short, as do their jhp's, in my shadow, that get feed issues.

Why not tell them to order Zero bullets....and wait till the cows come home to get them?

and wait till the cows come home to get them?

You've got cows? :surprise:

Of course! You don't?

We did once, but they never came home. Still waiting... :ph34r:

Edited by Youngeyes

I didn't gather that the OP was looking for small quantities to experiment with. If that is the case then go with PD as they still sell trial packs of 250.

And no, I don't have any cows.

Black Bullets International. They offer 3 different .45 caliber bullets.

www.blackbulletsinternational.com/

Who would be good for 148 HBWC? I use the Rem heads and love them but Midway is always sold out with long back order.

Black Bullets International. They offer 3 different .45 caliber bullets.

www.blackbulletsinternational.com/

Who would be good for 148 HBWC? I use the Rem heads and love them but Midway is always sold out with long back order.

ZERO and/or Roze Dist.