Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do with the plastic things from ammo boxes

Chriznak

I keep the boxes and trays that the factory ammo comes in (I toss the styrofoam ones) and use them for my reloads. When full I put a printed Avery label, with the load info, on the box.

Recently found out why it might be a good idea to toss the styrofoam ones. Had malf during match and gun locked up tight, at the moment could not figure out why it was so hard to clear, as all rounds were chamber checked. When emptying mags getting ready fo next stage notice white stuff coming out of mag. It was styrofoam from the trays I had re-used.I can only assume this made it in the chamber.

Put my reloads in them. But now I use Dillon's ammo boxes.

I am not familiar with the term "reloading blocks." Could you please explain?

When you load on a single stage reloading press, you do it in stages, de-prime all the cases, Size all the cases....etc, since you have to change the die each time, you do all the brass you have to reload for each stage of the process. When you get all the cases primed and ready to put in the powder, you need a place to stand them up so they won't fall over and spill the powder, unless you put in the powder and then seat the bullet one at a time, I do it both ways, depending on what and how many rifle cases I'm loading, and the 45 cal plastic boxes work very good for 223 or any 308, 7mm08, 260, 243, 270 6mm, 6mmbr, 7mmbr.......

since I'm always behind in my reloading, I use them to quickly count out 2-300 cases to load the morning of the match. Hold the plastic tray with one hand and drop a couple of handfulls of brass over it with the other usually fills it 80%+