Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Accu-Shadow

jeep45238

Adjustable sights can break. Pick a good load and get the right sight combination and stop worrying about it. Most 125 grain loads are gonna be pretty close with the shadow rear and a Dawson .170 front

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke four Bo-Mar style sights back when I shot a 1911 regularly—the sight blade flew off in recoil. That pistol now sports a fixed sight shaped for an LPA cut. I didn't want such a sight on my Accu-Shadow as a result.

I'm liking the HAJO a lot. It has a solid hinge at the front but no delicate rear blade. Adjusting elevation to accommodate different rounds is a snap, and I think that it's going to last a long time.

I've got a Shadow on the way that I'll eventually have milled to accept the TS fixed rear sight, I don't know how anyone racks their slide without it!?!

Lol. Might want to look at a Harrison custom. I have them on my 1911s and they are tough as nails.

Adjustable sights can break. Pick a good load and get the right sight combination and stop worrying about it. Most 125 grain loads are gonna be pretty close with the shadow rear and a Dawson .170 front

Good to know, thanks. But I'm wondering if putting a Dawson on a Shadow would make it no longer Production-legal?

I don't shoot USPSA - I shoot IPSC. Canadian, eh? ;)

i think sight changes are ok, but milling the slide to accept a different style is not. but you should check that with someone smart.

As I understand it, the HAJO sight was specifically designed to be ipsc-legal.

Stupid question... The CZ-75 design already use a barrel bushing (held in by the front sight roll pin). Could similar accuracy be obtained by fitting an under sized bushing in the stock location? If so, why go through all the trouble to make a 1911 sytle bushing?

Stupid question... The CZ-75 design already use a barrel bushing (held in by the front sight roll pin). Could similar accuracy be obtained by fitting an under sized bushing in the stock location?

Yes

If so, why go through all the trouble to make a 1911 sytle bushing?

Marketing. Who would spend a similar amount of money just to have the bushing fit tighter without the cool looks to distinguish their Accu-Shadow from all other Shadows?

I know spent a lot more money to have a smith lighten my slide with cool looking ball cuts than I would have just drilling holes in the slide myself, but the effect would have been the same.

• 6 months later...

I've had fixed sights come loose too :surprise: . Nothing like a wandering rear sight at an area shoot to mess with your head!

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I like the look of the outside 1911 style bushing but it doesn't make much since to do it that way because if you can do the same thing internal than you could use it on about any CZ and not have to worry about it being legal. I wonder if CGW would design a internal one.

An internal one? Like the one it's got?

but perhaps with better tolerances?

i admit I don't really understand the logic of the 1911-style bushing (other than to appeal to 1911 fans), but I'm probably missing something.

Simple. Its fit to tighter tolerances than the Factory bushings. Tighter lockup=better accuracy.

Ya I like the look of the outside 1911 style bushing but it doesn't make much since to do it that way because if you can do the same thing internal than you could use it on about any CZ and not have to worry about it being legal. I wonder if CGW would design a internal one.

It's been done. because fit is tighter, not enough play for barrel to be removed from slide. So becomes one piece. but it has been done

Using the screw-in bushing allows for it and the barrel to be removed if one wants to clean it for whatever reason.

97B uses similar setup and have found some old old 75s that had scew-in bushings.

Edited by eerw

It's been done. because fit is tighter, not enough play for barrel to be removed from slide. So becomes one piece. but it has been done

Using the screw-in bushing allows for it and the barrel to be removed if one wants to clean it for whatever reason.

97B uses similar setup and have found some old old 75s that had scew-in bushings.

How hard is it to remove the bushing? if it's not extremely hard seems like the pay off would be worth it, a accu bushing in any gun and still run production. Tho it wouldn't be as friendly the gun could still be cleaned.