Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Accu-Shadow

jeep45238

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, it looks like the bushing is possible to do on a standard shadow after the fact judging by the website. If this is true, what is the cost, and do ya'll need the slide only, or the entire gun?

According to CZC's site, it is possible to have them retrofit an existing Shadow with the bushing. They don't appear to have a price listed for the standalone work yet.

Wouldn't adding a bushing to a standard shadow be an external modification and not be allowed for production?

I would certainly think you are correct. There is no exemption covering such as mod and it would accordingly not be permitted. That being said, I'm guessing they will apply for and be granted addition to the production list. (technically a retrofitted model would still likely be illegal, though, they appear to be identical to existing shadows)

Couple questions - is this a gun that is available from CZ-USA or is it one that is modified by CZCustom? I would think if the 2nd then this gun will never be on the production list as its not a gun that is produced by CZ more of a gun that is modified by CZC

According to the site, it starts it's life as a CZC Custom Shadow. Since the CZC Shadow is on the approved list, and the Custom comes in under this approval, I would assume the new Shadow Custom Custom would as well.

I have to admit the $1,665 price tag is tough to swallow, especially since I would like to see if they could add the original Combat 85 trigger as well... but DAMN that is the sexiest pistol I have ever laid eyes on. Just wow... :surprise:

For a long time Angus has been hinting at great things for the CZ line coming in 2013 and it sounded like significant changes to the factory SP01s were on the road map. A few weeks ago I believe the official CZ-USA Facebook profile posted a few sneak peek photos from the upcoming 2013 product catalog. The new CZ 75 SP01 caught my eye since it looked like it had the same new bushing system that CZC released here as a custom shop option. It also had slim profile aluminum grips and a FO front sight. Hopefully these will be the standard from the factory for the 2013 line but time will tell. I just checked, the Facebook page and the images have been removed so maybe I am imagining things...

Okay, I found it from cz-usa.com along with a new product list for 2013. It is the same CZ Custom gun at the same price. Here is the link: http://download.cz-usa.com/2013_New_Product_Announcement/2013_CZ-USA_NEW_PRODUCT_ANNOUNCEMENT.doc

Edited by alma

Stuart I am still confused, which does happen a lot, is the new cz accu-shadow going to be added to the production list any time soon?

Thanks Jeff

Addition to the Production list requires application and review to by NROI.

After checking out this link posted by alma it looks that CZ will be offering this also? I am planning on ordering a CZ this winter for use in production in the 2013 season now i dont know which to choose. Definately shooting production so does anybody know how long the process takes to have a gun added to production gun list and has CZ already submitted the Accu-Shadow yet?

Good question in legality. Also, Stuart can you fill us in some on the bushing? Will the front site be retained by anything if the bushing comes off? Does it use a wrench?

Bushing is threaded into the slide. won't come out. wrench is used to remove the bushing.

Looks like the ticket for Bianchi Production.

Stuart - Is anything else tightened up other than the addition of the barrel bushing? Barrel lugs, slide to frame, sear cage, etc.

Have found the slide to frame consistent in fit. Rear of barrel to be consistent. Angus has talked about plans to make barrels at some point. He has just purchased another multi-axis mill.

Have also found the sear cage ( while loose in some guns still ) capable of holding the SA trigger jobs just fine. Have seen no issues on any of my guns with the current setup.

If you really feel the need to stabilize the cage in the frame, couple of things you can gunsmith. 1.weld up the sear cage and press fit to frame. 2. set screws in the frame to hold sear cage ( had this long ago in a single action P9 race gun ). trigger was at 1.5#.

Looks like the ticket for Bianchi Production.

Stuart - Is anything else tightened up other than the addition of the barrel bushing? Barrel lugs, slide to frame, sear cage, etc.

Don't think custom shop guns are legal for NRAP Production (the S&W custom shop one's are not). The Hajo sight looks good if you need an ajustable for Bianchi since you can't mill the slide.

You have to be a member to view those links. Do they pertain to IPSC only or USPSA too?

If CZ sells this from their OEM sales group and it meets the other criteria why would it not be approved?

Just food for thought....the CZ 97B is approved for IPSC and it has a similar concept for the bushing system.

Either way, this pistol has me excited. I'm just nervous to buy one if it doesn't get USPSA approval.

Rear sight is the HAJO adjustable Competition rear. There is a HAJO tactical rear sight also available.

This is my bushing gun with AUZ barrel fitted. I am using the Shadow Tactical rear sight on mine.

AUZbushing_0034.jpg

I'm seeing my 2013 3-gun pistol now. Only with SPO1 safety.

If CZ sells this from their OEM sales group and it meets the other criteria why would it not be approved?

Just food for thought....the CZ 97B is approved for IPSC and it has a similar concept for the bushing system.

Either way, this pistol has me excited. I'm just nervous to buy one if it doesn't get USPSA approval.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^