Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many magazines is too many?.....

dlouie87

Hello,

I just came up a great deal on some used magazines at 10/each. I purchased 14 of them but I dont know if I should sell some since I dont know if i'll be using all of them. A voice inside my head is telling me not to sell them because what is the worst that can happen with 14 magazines.

I was just wondering how many magazines do other glock owners own?

5-10? 10-15? 15+?

-Daniel

I have ten for my production gun. I keep 5 on me. 5 loaded in the bag in case I get distracted and I haven't topped off the others or for spares in case something breaks. I bring a spare everything. I am far from competitive I just rarely get to go out and shoot so nothing short of a heart attack or a DQ is going to stop me from shooting all the stages:)

I don't think you can ever have enough magazines. The first batch of 8 magazines for my XD Tactical are pretty beat up, and the springs aren't as strong. So, now I'm working on the 2nd batch of magazines. I've collected 4 new magazines so far, and as the budget permits I'll have another 4 within the next few months. For a good while the old magazines will be just for practice, and the new ones for matches. I would love to have 20 or 30 magazines just for my average 2 hour practice sessions, but I don't know if my budget will ever allow that.

How much money is too much? Never enough.

As a Production shooter, I take 12 with me to matches, with six I put on the belt and the other 6 stowed and loaded in the range bag. I own 20 10-rounders and 25-Standard (high) capacity, and am always looking for deals to add more. That's just for the competition 9mm's. Won't go into the number for the G19 carry and the G22 in the safe or the super big sticks for the 9mm glock carbine...

Zombies best watch out.

30+ for my Glock 17. You can never have enough. Granted they should last a life time, but if the magazine ban goes back into effect...you will wish you would of bought more of them.

During the height of the magazine ban of 94 a new Glock 17 mag would sell for over $100 and I saw some H&K mags go for over $150.00 and that is just too crazy. Whenever we left the house to go on vacation, I would throw the wifes jewelry out of the safe and put all of my mags in the safe. It took me years to get over that feeling about having to keep them safe and secure. That ban was terrible.

Hello,

I just came up a great deal on some used magazines at 10/each. I purchased 14 of them but I dont know if I should sell some since I dont know if i'll be using all of them. A voice inside my head is telling me not to sell them because what is the worst that can happen with 14 magazines.

5-10? 10-15? 15+?

-Daniel

The worse thing that could happen with that many mags.....is having to load them all at once! Poor Thumbs! :roflol:

For my Production guns I always had 12. For our local steel matches 12 mags would get me through without reloading any.

Same number as a minimum but for a different reason. 2 of them have 11 rounds and I have 5 mag pouches. This gives me two complete sets in case I don't have a chance to reload them between stages or they get exceptionally dirty.

I have more glock mags than you and I don't even own a glock any more.

hahahaha. fair enough. Thanks everyone for your input. Keeping them all now.

Hello,

5-10? 10-15? 15+?

-Daniel

The worse thing that could happen with that many mags.....is having to load them all at once! Poor Thumbs! :roflol:

What do you think about one of those Uplula loaders? Do those help?

Want to sell any? :)

I think I'm going to keep them for now. hahaha

I have a fair number of Glocks. So, naturally, I have a fair number of Glock magazines. Actually, I have enough magazines that I could sell them all and add a few more Glocks to my collection. Of course, I wouldn't have any mags left 'cept the ones coming with the new guns, and that won't do. So, clearly, I am not going to sell any more of them (did at one time, but not any more :rolleyes: ).

I bring 6 or 7 to most matches. I'll have spares going to the Nationals (my rule of thumb for the Nationals is to have twice the bare minimum for just about everything needed for the matches).

I also don't think there's a thing as too many magazines. I have I think about 20 17rnds for my G17 and G34, a couple 10rnds, a 33rnd. For my AR's I think I have 34 mostly 30rnds, some 20's, some 40's. For my G35 Limited, 4 19/20rnds, 4 15rnds. I even have mags for an M14/M1A and I don't even have one....yet.

At $10 each, I would have snagged all of them. You can use the older ones for practice/training, newer ones for matches, and if they have worn out spring put an Arrendondo/TF extension on them with a new spring of course.

Uplula loaders are simply awesome. Save your thumbs. Have them for my AR's and AK as well.

hahahaha. fair enough. Thanks everyone for your input. Keeping them all now.

Hello,

5-10? 10-15? 15+?

-Daniel

What do you think about one of those Uplula loaders? Do those help?

Want to sell any? :)

I think I'm going to keep them for now. hahaha

I don't use a loader. I never have any problem stuffing 10 rounds into 17/15 round magazines. My point was there is NO downside to tons and tons of magazines.