Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Duane

Now we know a bit about you and your squeeze...that is nice that you would share like that...if she looks anything like Cassandra Peterson, of Elvira fame, how 'bout sharing a photo too... and don't forget I still have that pic of you and that really pretty gal from the 80's magazine article :lol:

wonder what Siggy means in Gaelic, ...probably, one who slaps around big hairychested men on an Internet forum while cleaning her Kimber while WAITING for her Valtro...or something like that... B)

First initial, last name. I know, how utterly droll. In the mid-70's I got my first user account on a HP 3000 series I computer (anyone remember MPE?). The convention at the time was "first initial + last name". It stuck and I have used it ever since.

I do have another alias that I use most other places due to their lack of social graces...."Gambrinus". St. Gambrinus is the patron saint of brewing/brewers. My other major passion beyond shooting is homebrewing. Why? Because life is too short to drink piss yellow beer and I am too cheap to buy large quantities of microbrew.

My father's also named Dave. When I got to the age I could receive phone calls, people just asked for Dave (my mother and grandmother are the only ones who called me David). About that same time, I was just passing 6'0", which is how tall my dad is. Anyway, my mom would ask "Big Dave or Old Dave?". She'd also ask "Junior or Senior?", but that was too easy.

BigDave

For many, many years I’ve used the term “run and gun” to mean making business decisions quickly based on experience. When it gets hectic and situations are very fluid, often there isn’t time to think things all the way through and you go with your gut or “run and gun”.

This is the first forum (of many) I ever got involved with and I thought it was de rigueur that one has a nickname. While I was lurking here and pondering an appropriate one, my boss called with an idea he’d like to implement, if it didn’t interfere with my game plan. “Game plan?” Was my reply “things are so crazy right now all I can do is run and gun…” Bingo, a nickname was born!

Ed

rhino,

My purple pal...that hurt. :angry::D

Rich

With that setup, there wasn't much I could do to restrain myself!

It's like putting a shooting box and three targets at ten yards in a shooting bay. You put it there, and people are going to start shooting El Presidentes! It's a compulsion!

:lol:

and don't forget I still have that pic of you and that really pretty gal from the 80's magazine article

I told you the story about those photos, right? BTW I seem to recall that was like, early/mid-90s. And you wouldn't BELIEVE how many people I've had mention that article to me - specifically those two photos.

Oh Duane,

Don't tease us...the gal in the magazine article I think you said was your sister, is that correct? Very pretty girl, you are a lucky brother...

If you are serious about posting a pic of Cassandra, PM George or Siggy, or Shooter Grrl, any or all of them can and will help you so we can see her also.. :D

Thanks

Wizard_of_Oz......Can you guess what state I live in? I was trying to think of something catchy a few years ago, because there are about 3 billion Bill Smiths in the world. I think that I need to change my user name however, because I am NOT much of a Wizard at anything. My buddies at work call me "Little Bill", and I think that may be more appropriate....even though I am neither small or large.....maybe its because I am ruthless at work (to the bad people), like the "Little Bill" from Eastwood's movie "Unforgiven"?......uhhhh....probably not.

Any Moderators able to make the switch-a-roo for me?

I too am a victim of the ho-hum name. It is my user name at work. My last name is Jarrell and I have used the truncated version of it so long that I have to make sure I put the double "L's" on it when I write my name. ;)

dj

"Shred" is a windsurf (and various other 'gnarly' sports) term. I used to do a lot of that back when I got started IPSC shooting in the early 90's. Another shooter was putting together a web site and mail server, and I needed a username, and since all my previous aliases might implicate me in the nefarious teenage-computer-hacker-underground that I used to be tangentially involved with, :o I went with it.

Roy,

I had intended to ask, but didn't. Of course, when I met you all I remembered was your bouncing spot avatar. :rolleyes: Boy! I felt silly, but must be making progress.

Mine's just my ho-hum oddball first name. Seems my last name, in all its oddness, was already taken. :P

Liota