Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

While still new around here I spotted the Reloading Bench Gallery - really nice. :)

A little Q popped into my head though - where did most of you come up with your nick's/user names that you use on this forum? Some are easy to guess; other must have story behind them. ;)

Let us know how you came up with or where you got the names.....

Mine originated at the African Championship in South Africa in 2003. I forgot to bring my little passport photo - too much shooting on the brain - so one of the stunning stats ladies told me to draw myself...as if that would work ;) . I drew something that resembled me and a Buffalo. Her comment was " Hi, nice to meet you dead buff..." and it stuck.... <_<

Nothing spectacular - your turn..... :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a similar thread about the Avatars used on the forum:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...topic=11842&hl=

I choose Garfield because it's a nickname given to me in high school, mainly because it resembles my real first name.

On top of that, some people say that I really have some things in common with the "real" Garfield B) .

I have been using the web for quite a while and I got sick and tired of trying to register for one site or another and getting a response of "ldrake is already in use. Try ldrake666 or...." So I wound up never being able to remember the damn user name for all the sites that I wanted to log onto. One day I had enough and in frustation just hit a bunch of keys and jhgtyre came out. Now I use it for everything on the web and when they make me put in my real name, so they can send me crap I may not want, I often use Jhg Tyre. On the plus side Jhg Tyre gets free subscriptions to some cool magazines!

-ld

Other than shooting, one of my passions is fly fishing...

In fly fishing you get casting distance from line speed and having a tight loop on the forward cast...ideally it should look like the bend in a paperclip, tight, and parallel...

One of my fishing buds admired my casting one day, and said; ...that sure is a tight loop....

there you have it.

BTW while my avitar pic is another story....your's looks nothing like either of the two buff I shot "dead" on my safari...

Because: My first two guns were Sigs. One eventually sold; the other still with me. The moniker stuck. Then I happily crossed over to The Dark Side with the 1911 (Kimber) and the avatar subtitle changed to "Dances With Kimbers" (still in the signature) which was originally anointed by another forum member. Suddenly there was a rush to re-name everyone a few weeks back and I got caught in the shuffle, and was re-subtitled "VixZen" (very clever) and that one stuck, too. On computer forums, however, I'm identified as "ITgonna_be"........

There you have it. B)

When I first started IPSC'ing, people couldn't pronounce my last name, so they took to calling me wiz or david wiz (my last name is Wisniewski). It became so prevelant, that people seem to only know me by that name.

Several of my friends call me Tman instead of Travis. When I first started netting, I tried to get tman as a name for use on yahoo. Well that and many variations were taken, but since I was 33 in 1999 when I was trying I ended up with tman33_99 and have used that for most things.

Sheesh Wis-new-ski, that’s simple. Try getting Chludenski correct without the requisite amount of phlegm in the back of your throat. :lol: Now That’s a feat! :D (In Polish, the “C” is almost silent.) :blink:

Now the moniker was given to me by Pat LeGere of AWARE fame. Pat and hubby Warren ran the greatest match on the east coast for several years near Albany NY.

I was new to the sport and the net and I got caught up in the unofficial IPSC list. I posted something about the rules and Pat remarked ““Oh look Jim, another Michael range lawyer” This was I believe in deference to Mike Davis and Michael Auger who were active members of the list at the time. I have since become proud to be known as a Damn Range Lawyer <DRL>

Michael Chludenski

NRA, USPSA, NROI, GSSF, GOAL, DRL<tm>

Like several others, I got frustrated trying to register the same ID at various sites. Seems I kept running into situations where other folks beat me to whatever my idea was.

Then I remembered a license plate I saw on a pickup truck in Houston back around '81: "IMA6ULDV8" I couldn't believe somebody at the DMV didn't slam that one into the trash can! (If it saves just one child....)

My passion for .45's made it a logical leap to IMA45DV8

I'm another person that's just "me". My initials have been my on-line handle since the (D)ARPA-Net days so I use it whenever I can.

If I forget this I think I have bigger problems than not being able to access a forum :wacko:

Kevin

Actually, my mother picked Duane out of a book of names in the hospital because she thought it was a really unusual name, in her entire life she'd never met anyone named Duane. Not a common name in Georgia, in the '60s thru '80s, I might mention. I had to join the Army and start meeting black guys before I met anyone else named Duane.

It you want to get etymological about it, Duane is from the Gaelic, and means "swarthy" or "dark." Thomas is from the Hebrew, and means "twin." So my name, Duane Thomas, actually, through incredible coincidence, means Dark Twin. And no, I don't have a twin.

Now, my girlfriend's first name is Cassandra, the original meaning of which was "One who serves." The modern meaning is "One who is not listened to." Her last name, Crozier, means "A staff used in religious ceremonies." Not quite as cool as Dark Twin. Of course, I tell her Cassandra Crozier really means, "One who is not listened to as she religiously serves the Dark Twin's staff." For some reason she didn't find that funny. I don't understand why. I'm a funny guy.

Then I remembered a license plate I saw on a pickup truck in Houston back around '81: "IMA6ULDV8" I couldn't believe somebody at the DMV didn't slam that one into the trash can! (If it saves just one child....)

Now why does that have to mean anything about children? B)