Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did you meet your significant other?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Ontario Provincial IPSC match in Canada years ago. I say years because I cannot remember what year it was... :ph34r:

Oie! July 7, 2007.

7-7-07...it was meant to be!!! :)

Wait a minute. This guy builds top shelf custom guns and can't remember 7-7-07??? That's funny and a little scary!roflol.gif

I met my girl while hanging out with a buddy who was screwing around on his wife.wacko.gif She was visiting a friend of hers at Fort Knox who just happened to be a friend of my married buddy's girlfriend! She sat across from me on a couch and I looked up her shorts and fell in love. ph34r.gif It's OK she knows all about it and we still kid each other about that some 29 years later.cheers.gif

At the Ontario Provincial IPSC match in Canada years ago. I say years because I cannot remember what year it was... :ph34r:

Ooooooh crap, you're in for it now, doesn't help that she's a member of this forum too...lol

Yea.... She knows I can't remember that kind of stuff so what's one more example going to do to me? :unsure:

If you remember your wedding aniversary, and her birthday, you may be somewhat safe.

My wife and I were introduced by the wife of a former co-worker. At a company Christmas party, she said, " I know just the girl for you".

We've been married 35 years, my friend and his wife have long been divorced.

Life is funny, isn't it?

I saw my wife bent over at the water cooler at work. As I walked past her, checking out the back yard, I said to myself 'I'm going to have sex with this girl.' That was ten years ago and have been married for three and a half.

20-1/2 or so years ago, I was a member of a Yacht Club, living aboard my sailboat. Saturday night was Oktoberfest, mix up in reservations so I wound up sitting with a group I knew, I was in the process of finalizing my divorce and unattached at the time, people at the next table were a German couple that I also knew and that often had family over from the old country to visit so when my, unknown to me, future wife walked in, dressed in a German Hausfrau's dress and was singing German drinking songs in German, I figured nothing here, move along, then as the evening progressed I realized that she was not only fluent in English, but more to the point was American and surprise, a member of the same club. Funny thing is that we were both members for ten years and neither of us to this day remembers ever having seen the other prior to that night. Anyway we talked that night and she tells me later, after we were married that she knew then that we would be married. This was Oct 17th, I asked her out a few day later and 6 weeks later asked her to marry me, just under six months and we were. It's been 20 years now and we are still finishing each others sentences. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Funny story that sort of goes along with this. A year after we were married, I had a contract in St. Lucia for a couple weeks that happened to cause me to miss our first anniversary, she couldn't join me due to her job. I think I missed two of our first three anniversaries, all on trips for work to the Caribbean! and she still loves me!

Met mine at a bar. She had left with afriend to get some smokes across the street, I unknowingly sat in her spot. The bartenderette had been telling me for weeks she had the perfect girl for me. She came back in and was super pissed that I had stolen her seat! She was trying to play hardball. The same bartenderette had been talking me up to her for awhile.

She walked to the juke and I recognized a tatoo she has. Swan song from Zeppelin. I'm a huge Zep fan. Later that night we had been drinking and hanging out having a great time, some dude comes over and starts trying to talk to her. He mentioned Zep, cause of the tatoo, and my future wife just busted this dudes balls and asked him to name all four members in Led Zeppelin.

He got two.... I got the other two.

And I got the girl. :cheers:

Married in less than a year.

My first son will be born this week. Best thing that ever happened to me was meeting her.

My husband says he found my blog while searching the internet for information about the Reds and the Whites from the Russian revolution. How that landed him on my blog I'll never know. I had just started shooting and the mag catch on my Kimber Pro Carry II had sheared off in practice. He emailed me and said he could send me a set of Wilson Combat replacement parts.... and that was it. We started emailing back and forth, he invited me to Montana (I lived in the DC area at the time), and it was love at first sight. :) Next month we'll have been together 9 years (4 of them married). He reloads the ammo, I shoot it. A great match. :)

I saw my wife bent over at the water cooler at work. As I walked past her, checking out the back yard, I said to myself 'I'm going to have sex with this girl.' That was ten years ago and have been married for three and a half.

You are such a romantic! You should write for Hallmark! :roflol:

I was principal trombone and my wife was last chair euphonium in the university wind ensemble so we sat next to one another.

I proposed during my senior recital...you kinda need to know it's a sure thing if you're going to propose in front of an audience.

Edited by astephenson

When I was nine years old, I came back to the U.S. for ~ 6 weeks as part of the process for getting a "Green Card." My folks already knew that once my brother graduated from high school in a couple of years, and went off to University in Germany, that my mom and I would move here permanently to join my dad.

Naturally, I had to go to school, despite the fact that I'd forgotten all the English I learned during my 8 month visit when I was 6 years old. So I'd go to school every day, and read books in German, until it was time for math -- the only subject I understood.

Working as a classroom aide was a woman with a pretty smile and waist length hair -- my future bride, though I didn't know it yet. Apparently I made quite an impression; she certainly did -- I'd never seen anyone with hair that long...

We met again later on, became good friends, and eventually -- with some trepidation, because we didn't want to screw up a good friendship -- we started dating. In ~ 4.5 months we will celebrate our 25th anniversary......

hired her......

waited for the drug test and background check to come back before I asked her out.

I was a manager for Best Buy in Cincy, and she was hired. We snuck around behind the other managers back because I was not supposed to date the associates.

I met my wife in high school marching band. Yup, we were master class geeks then and still are to this day.

Cheely - My wife made me get our anniversary engraved in my wedding band. At first I protested with, "How could I possibly forget" but now find myself checking the band every couple months. I need to make an appointment to have her birthday and our soon to be born kid's birthday engraved as well.

I met my wife in high school marching band. Yup, we were master class geeks then and still are to this day.

Cheely - My wife made me get our anniversary engraved in my wedding band. At first I protested with, "How could I possibly forget" but now find myself checking the band every couple months. I need to make an appointment to have her birthday and our soon to be born kid's birthday engraved as well.

LMAO :)

LMAO :)

Ours is engraved on my ring too. Maybe I should have had her birthday on there as well so I can't forget. :goof: