Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did you meet your significant other?

I saw my wife bent over at the water cooler at work. As I walked past her, checking out the back yard, I said to myself 'I'm going to have sex with this girl.' That was ten years ago and have been married for three and a half.

you crack me up Al, she must of dropped a donut and you checked out the donut first! :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my wife 40 years ago at a night club. We met there weekly for a while and then started dating. We continued to go to the club and when we were married, the owner came to the wedding.

A lot has happened in the 38 yrs (in 10 days) we have been married. I was on a bike and was hit by a car day after our first anniversary. She stuck it out and supported me during a very long recovery.

I guess it was meant to be.

Cheely - My wife made me get our anniversary engraved in my wedding band. At first I protested with, "How could I possibly forget" but now find myself checking the band every couple months. I need to make an appointment to have her birthday and our soon to be born kid's birthday engraved as well.

LMAO :)

Ours is engraved on my ring too. Maybe I should have had her birthday on there as well so I can't forget. :goof:

Trust me, those dates will never be forgotten as long as I have a memory ;)

Cheely - My wife made me get our anniversary engraved in my wedding band. At first I protested with, "How could I possibly forget" but now find myself checking the band every couple months. I need to make an appointment to have her birthday and our soon to be born kid's birthday engraved as well.

LMAO :)

Ours is engraved on my ring too. Maybe I should have had her birthday on there as well so I can't forget. :goof:

Trust me, those dates will never be forgotten as long as I have a memory ;)

This is so crackin me up you two. I remember more dates than my wife, except the kids birthdays. Those dates she doesn't forget.

I was a windsurfing instructor on the weekends. She took a class. I made her put her own board and equipment away.

I knew her for three years. I asked her out as a birthday present to myself-Oct 29. Took her to Telluride for her birthday - 7/1 every year where the 7/4 was a Monday, Tuesday, or Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Nothing like the 4th of July in Telluride.

Married her three years later 4/8, married for 22 years before cancer took her last year.

Edited by pjb45

I saw my wife bent over at the water cooler at work. As I walked past her, checking out the back yard, I said to myself 'I'm going to have sex with this girl.' That was ten years ago and have been married for three and a half.

you crack me up Al, she must of dropped a donut and you checked out the donut first! :lol:

You got me. I left that part out as to keep it as romantic as possible...

We met in high school late 2000. Dated all through college until finally getting married in 2008. I always joke with her that I've "wasted" over 1/3 of my life with her(I'm 29). She doesn't think it's as funny as i do.... :roflol:

I met my fiancé through a mutual friend. We were hanging out one evening and he ditched his scheduled date to go see "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" with me. Then we get back to his car and it won't start, when we popped the hood I noticed the battery was leaking. Took him to get a new battery and changed it for him... Girl changing a car battery wearing a short skirt?? I had him hooked :-)

I had a date planned with a girl I had been seeing briefly, but she was at work so I was hanging out with some other friends. When my prearranged date texted me to let me know she was stuck late at work. I figured the other girl I was hanging out with was hot enough, lets see if she wanted to go to a movie instead. Sure enough, she did. Got back to my car and hung out for a bit only to find the battery was dead. She took me to Walmart to buy a new one at the wee hours of the morning. I could tell she liked me so I went ahead and let her change it for me. B)

The first time I saw her come onto the stage and swing around the pole and then hang there upside down I knew...she was the one for me. wub.gif

Ah Merlin, ever the hopeless romantic....

I met my wife on a blind date setup by a couple of friends of mine. She was awesome that evening and still is 7 years later. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!

The funny thing about the whole story of our meeting is that before we even met she had sold all of her stuff and was planning to move to England a couple weeks after we met. After we met she changed her mind and decided to stick around and date me instead of going to England. I use to joke with her telling her that it is cool dating a “Homeless Lady”.

• 1 month later...

My gf was hired as a dispatcher at the towing company I was working for. I literally lost my breath the first time I laid eyes on her. Nothing was talked about until 3mo later when she called my personal phone to chat. When I answered she got nervous and hung up on me. She called me back several hrs later. We have been together ever since. That was nearly 2yrs ago.

We waited 6mo to move in together.

I'm 12 years older than her.

She is an awesome woman I thank God daily for her. I'm currently looking for THE ring.

I would like to add that she had little knowledge of guns but now has her own revolver, an AR I built for her and she is getting her chl. She has never complained about gun related purchases.

It will be hard to forget her bday....July 4th.

My wife and I met on a terribly geeky online browser game. We were in the same alliance and became friends for around a year before we decided to meet in person. We dated long distance from Chicago to St. Louis for two and half years, and today is our 2nd Anniversary of being married.

:)

My wife and I met on a terribly geeky online browser game. We were in the same alliance and became friends for around a year before we decided to meet in person. We dated long distance from Chicago to St. Louis for two and half years, and today is our 2nd Anniversary of being married.

:)

Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In '94 I was a cop teaching a Firearms Safety/Burglary Prevention class at a gun club I belonged to. She was a freelance makeup artist, working at NRA HQ making in-house videos and thought this whole "shooting" thing looked like fun. She asked if a class might be available nearby and landed in the front row of mine. Stunning lass, likes guns, married her.

Our son, now 14 shoots too! .. and my anniversary date is engraved inside my ring, because I'm sometimes cognitively impaired.

Mark

Edited by redial

Week of Welcome at College my third year. We were the only Aggies in our group and in the Ag Education (teaching) program together. Started hanging out together and come Nov. 11th, went on our first date. Continued dating through the rest of College and the first year of our careers. Married since 2000 and loving every miniute. I got her into the shooting sports and she got me into the Equine sports :roflol: I'm not sure which is more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...