Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Single Stack Nationals

JakeMartens

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, Rob needs no one to defend him, he's TGO. He's a great guy, a great shooter, and a great representative of our sport. Like any major match there are five or six guys who can win it,based on recent match performances. I don't like it when we root for someone, because it comes at the expense of rooting against someone else. I hope everyone shoots well, there is good weather, and a good match.

So far Nils has a clean match with 2 stages to go. But he has also racked up 9 D's. To put this into perspective the winner of last years Single Stack Nationals captured 95% of the available points and only shot 1 D. There is no doubt that Nils is ultra fast so maybe super fast stage times will mask his captured points deficit? But with how these stages are usually setup for this match all of the top dogs are usually running the same stage time.

I would be willing to put money on Max winning this match. He is ultra fast and usually captures 95% of the available points.

Edited by CHA-LEE

It'll be interesting to see what Max can do with a skinny gun this year...

My top finishers are:

1. Max

2. Robbie

3. Nils

4. Dave

5. Manny

No way ...... Nothing against either party, but Manny is like Phil Strader ..... always the bridesmaid, never the bride! :rolleyes:

My list would be more like this:

1. TGO

2. Max

3. Dave

4. Nils

5. Todd

Ouch! I'm a Manny fan. That just hurts, true, but hurts.

Nils was shooting well today, but without that one-2-one comparison against another top shooter its hard to view it in context. Tomorrow, Max and Blake will run the stages, then we will get an idea of where the match is going.

ya'll are saying guns are actually getting weighed and placed into a (an EGW?) box?

I am ASSuming there is a chrono stage too?

Yes before stage 1.

Rain and bags tomorrow it looks like. And with the amount of partial target that sucks

Max has little chance of winning against the best SS shooters in the nation at a match set up for single stack. Max is naturally a open shooter and as such has little chance against those who shoot iron sights 100% of the time, like Nils, Rob, etc. Big difference between shooting Area 6 or Area 1 and Nationals. Now at the end of the year, it could be a different situation, but right now I would bet he doesn't break the top 5. My pick is Nils or Rob, but I am from AZ and biased .

Max has little chance of winning against the best SS shooters in the nation at a match set up for single stack. Max is naturally a open shooter and as such has little chance against those who shoot iron sights 100% of the time, like Nils, Rob, etc. Big difference between shooting Area 6 or Area 1 and Nationals. Now at the end of the year, it could be a different situation, but right now I would bet he doesn't break the top 5. My pick is Nils or Rob, but I am from AZ and biased .

That is what I thought when Max shot Production a couple of years ago. I figured he'd lose a good 5% due to iron sights and a different platform. I was wrong (or was I). He missed beating Dave (and all) by about half a bullet width.

I still think Robbie is the guy to beat. But, whoever wins, has to get past quite a few past National Champions!!