JakeMartens

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have video, it will not be uploaded.

Which stage was it on?

#12 I think.

If it was 12 that could be pretty easy to do, it is the all steel stage and you are shooting thru black plastic drain pipe that would pivot. You had to get your gun in there some to shoot it, banging and hanging up on it would be pretty easy to

hdpe_double_wall_corrugated__drainage_pipe_.jpg

That might explain why Manny's gun jammed on that stage too... The slide got caught up on the pipe while trying to cycle...I think...maybe... Possibly???

No Manny was shooting a Springfield 40s&w and knew he had mags that were questionable, he was supposed to have someone there meet him and give him mags but they did not come to the match.

After the steel stage I gave him all the extra wilson 45 mags I had and he used them. They worked but he had another death jam on. Slide lock reload and he had what he said was a "quadruple double feed" :blink:

As of the 1:48pm update there have been 9 DQ's reported. One with Sara D. shooting sub-minor, and Rob's gun drop. Any idea what the others were for?

Hate to nitpick but subminor is not a dq.

Jake, I just don't know to respond to what happened to you. I shot many a match with you, and I have never even seen your mags wiggle, much less pop out like that.

And, while I am laughing a good bit, I know it sucks.

I have video, it will not be uploaded.

Why not upload it?

I think it is an excellent opportunity to see how accidents happen and help many of us potentially avoid a similar situation. I look at is as a valuable learning tool, not a source of embarassment.

Wow...I've been in this game for awhile and I have never seen an "auto-eject" of every mag on a belt all at once! I can't say I feel your pain because I think your situation is one of the most unique I can think of so I have no frame of reference!

On the subject of getting moved to open...I think that rule is a crock of $h!t and makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, a magazine in the front pocket violates the rule of having one past the limit but there is certainly no advantage gained from reloading from your front pocket. Additionally, if they can't let that rule go, at least amend it to say "at the start signal". That way when all of your mags jump out of their pouches, and your are already down quite a few seconds, at least you don't have to think about some stupid rule that isn't in the least practical and you can get on about your stage. In a real situation where I dropped a mag I needed, I would do exactly what you did without a second thought.

I understand some of the principles of the rule but I think that the enforcement takes the "practical" right out of the competition. I like the fact that you threw that mag in your pocket rather than try to re-insert it in a mag pouch and you obviously didn't gain an advantage on the rest of the field...unless we all lost our entire collection of mags on the ground!

Edited by Unleashed