Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Production division can use race holsters as well - Ghost/Racemaster/CR Speed/etc. Have'nt seen it mentioned yet in the thread.

Can I ship ammo to an address out there in Florida? Any courses available around the match?

Thanks

OK here is the official rule:

14. A handgun in its ready condition (see Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazine inserted or empty

cylinder closed, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x 150mm

x 45mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply.

I will try and get a picture up of my big sticks tonight.

Is stippling allowed in production? I know grip tape is but don't know about stippling...

No, stippling is not allowed.

Grip tape must also comply to Appendix E3.

Cheers ....

Thanks for the info

Edited by jkatz44

Got the stages done today.

They are going off for final approval and sanctioning. Assuming all is accepted here is the breakdown.

372 rounds

63 Steel

18 activating or moving targets

Will be posting them a few weeks prior to the match.

Is there an official match ammo (Universal Ammo?) Tried sending an email to order up some ammo for the match but haven't heard back yet.

Yes. I don't have much to do with the Ammo company but they are the official match ammo.

Frank should be able to help you. FrankGarciaUSA(at)yahoo.com

Also I should be able to get an order form up on the website next week.

I don't live too far from Frostproof and this sounds awesome... am new to Practical shooting so not ready to shoot but would love to come on Saturday and check it out.

Is that an option? I have heard that parking may be an issue and there may be shuttles running from somewhere?

Any info would be great!

Is there a ipsc gauge for the 170mm mags that I can purchase?

There is no official gauge that I know of. You can stick a penny or some 0.050" shim stock under your basepads in the USPSA gauge. Pennies are about 1.5mm thick, so if it clears, it'll be golden.

I think DAA makes a box with a gauge in the lid, but the official IPSC measurements at the last 3 World Shoots on my magazines were all done with a ruler.

I would guess the difference between a 28 round and 30+ rounds mags will be close to zero at the match if its anything like other IPSC matches I've been to.

Will there be an equipment check before the match? I'm pretty confident my CZ will pass without having to put a different mainspring in, but would like to be sure so I don't regret not bringing an open gun.

Will there be an equipment check before the match? I'm pretty confident my CZ will pass without having to put a different mainspring in, but would like to be sure so I don't regret not bringing an open gun.

I believe you can ask an equipment check, if is not allowed you can change the mainspring.

Does your CZ have a Custom shop hammer?

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think the Custom shop hammer is IPSC legal.

From the "Global Village" http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5749&view=findpost&p=56801

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi folks,

For the avoidance of doubt, please note that the CZ USA Custom Shop is NOT considered by IPSC to be an OFM.

Therefore, if CZ USA Custom Shop offers any parts which are not 100% identical to parts offered by CZUB (Czech Republic) in their catalogue or on their website, those parts are NOT approved for use in Production Division.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later,

Chuck

From the "Global Village" http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5749&view=findpost&p=56801

Hi folks,

For the avoidance of doubt, please note that the CZ USA Custom Shop is NOT considered by IPSC to be an OFM.

Therefore, if CZ USA Custom Shop offers any parts which are not 100% identical to parts offered by CZUB (Czech Republic) in their catalogue or on their website, those parts are NOT approved for use in Production Division.

Thanks!

Later,

Chuck

Been through this every year. This is the list of approved parts Vince posted on the Global Village a couple months ago. Unless CZ Custom changed something the hammer they install is pictured on this and has been allowed for years.

post-1196-0-06346300-1345046866_thumb.jp

1345046929[/url]' post='1761406']
1345037702[/url]' post='1761317']
1345010360[/url]' post='1761233']
1344977363[/url]' post='1760972']

From the "Global Village" http://ipsc.invision...indpost&p=56801

Hi folks,

Thanks!

Later,

Chuck

Been through this every year. This is the list of approved parts Vince posted on the Global Village a couple months ago. Unless CZ Custom changed something the hammer they install is pictured on this and has been allowed for years.

By the way the hammer CZ Custom now sells is made by CZUB so no worries there. I bought a whole new Shadow this year just for IPSC so I won't have any parts issues. My main issue is the trigger pull. I'm able lift a 5lb weight the majority of times so long as it is centered on the trigger face, and the gun is pointing straight up. I think I'll leave it in the configuration it's in. Who doesn't like a little drama at the chrono stage anyway devil.gif

Hi folks,

Thanks!

Later,

Chuck

I appreciate that Chuck. I saw the response last night about the hammer not being legal and was pulling my hair out looking for clarification. I couldn't get CZC on the phone today either. I have two SP01 Shadows set up with this hammer...

Thanks!

.... I think I'll leave it in the configuration it's in. Who doesn't like a little drama at the chrono stage anyway devil.gif

Change the trigger return spring before the match or tweak the old spring - it may break in the match however.