Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the stages done today.

They are going off for final approval and sanctioning. Assuming all is accepted here is the breakdown.

372 rounds

63 Steel

18 activating or moving targets

Will be posting them a few weeks prior to the match.

What time will the range close on Thursday evening? I was hoping to check out the stages before the main competition gets under way on Friday.

IPSC rules dictate that competitors may not walk the courses of fire prior to that squads dedicated time. I guess you could admire them from afar though.

IPSC rules dictate that competitors may not walk the courses of fire prior to that squads dedicated time. I guess you could admire them from afar though.

I'm not competing, I'm covering the match, photos/video. So it helps to walk the stages to figure out the best place for cameras etc.

I haven't heard about such rule in IPSC rule book and would like to know the rule number if that is actually the case.

However it been a popular practice at some large IPSC matches (especially in Europe) when RO crew don't allow any competitors to be on the stage before they're shooting.

So, it would be useful to know if US IPSC National match would allow competitors to see the stages day before the main match starts.

I'm not competing, I'm covering the match, photos/video. So it helps to walk the stages to figure out the best place for cameras etc.

Ahhh, excellent. I'll be looking forward to your coverage.

I haven't heard about such rule in IPSC rule book and would like to know the rule number if that is actually the case.

However it been a popular practice at some large IPSC matches (especially in Europe) when RO crew don't allow any competitors to be on the stage before they're shooting.

So, it would be useful to know if US IPSC National match would allow competitors to see the stages day before the main match starts.

IPSC Rulebook 8.7.3 No person is permitted to enter or move through a course of fire without the prior approval of a Range Officer assigned to that course of fire, or the Range Master. Violations will incur a warning for the first offense but may be subject to the provisions of Section 10.6 for subsequent offenses.

And remember...no sight pictures in IPSC!

8.7.1 Competitors are prohibited from taking a sight picture and/or dry firing prior to the start signal. Violation will result in a warning for the first occurrence and one procedural penalty for each subsequent occurrence in the same match. Competitors may, while pointing their firearm at the ground, adjust electronic sights.

Edited by Kali

8.7.1 Competitors are prohibited from taking a sight picture and/or dry firing prior to the start signal. Violation will result in a warning for the first occurrence and one procedural penalty for each subsequent occurrence in the same match. Competitors may, while pointing their firearm at the ground, adjust electronic sights.

Oh snap!! Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure more than one person will get a warning. Hopefully no procedurals.

IPSC Rulebook 8.7.3 No person is permitted to enter or move through a course of fire without the prior approval of a Range Officer assigned to that course of fire, or the Range Master. Violations will incur a warning for the first offense but may be subject to the provisions of Section 10.6 for subsequent offenses.

That doesn't mean walkthroughs aren't allowed. It means it is at the stage Range Officer or the Rangemaster's discretion. I think I'd rather hear from an actual match official (for this match) on what their decision is.

This is the USPSA Rule and walkthroughs are commonly allowed

8.7.3 No person is permitted to enter or move through a course of fire without

the prior approval of a Range Officer assigned to that course of fire

or the Range Master.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

According to our RM for the US IPSC Nationals the only time a competitor may be on the course of fire is during the walkthrough at your assigned time to shoot the stage.

As for viewing from behind the line, that is fine as long as you do not mentally rehearse the stage. Don't even think about it!! :roflol:

Britin, We'll be there until late on Thursday.

Registration is going to be from 5-7 or something like that. Depends on when the staff gets done shooting.

Got the stages done today.

They are going off for final approval and sanctioning. Assuming all is accepted here is the breakdown.

372 rounds

63 Steel

18 activating or moving targets

Will be posting them a few weeks prior to the match.

Thanks for the round count update.