Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but am I correct in assuming that this match will follow IPSC equipment rules? Not many USPSA shooters get a chance to shoot IPSC. I have a feeling Open class is going to grow a little due to some unprepared USPSA Production shooters not getting there gear squared away for IPSC.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, be aware that most of the magwells allowed in USPSA Limited Division (e.g., Ice, Brazos, etc.) will not allow the gun to fit in the box.

Special conditions:

14. A handgun in its ready condition (see Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazine inserted or empty

cylinder closed, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x 150mm

x 45mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply.

15. The handgun is placed inside the box with the barrel parallel to the longest side of the box. Rear adjustable

sights may be slightly depressed, but all other features of the handgun, (e.g. collapsible and/or folding sights,

slide rackers, thumb rests, grips etc.), must be fully extended or deployed. Additionally, telescoping magazines

and/or magazines with spring-loaded bases or base pads are expressly prohibited.

16. Only porting of barrels is prohibited. Slides may be ported.

17. 357SIG is also an approved caliber for Major, subject to achieving the applicable minimum power factor. This

concession has been extended until 31 December 2014.

According to 8.7.1 of the IPSC Rule Book, Competitors are prohibited from taking a sight picture and/or dry firing prior to the start signal. Violation will result in a warning for the first occurrence and one procedural penalty for each subsequent occurrence in the same match. Competitors may, while pointing their firearm at the ground, adjust electronic sights.

What is considered a sight picture?

While watching some videos from the last World Shoot, I noticed some of the competitors adjust their electronic sights horizontally (i.e. pointing at a target) before loading the gun. Will this be considered taking a "sight picture"?

Edited by Big Guy

Production:

16.2 Magazines accessible to a competitor during a COF must not contain more than 15 rounds at the Start

Signal. Identifying marks or decals, internal capacity limiters, bumper pads and additional witness holes,

which add or remove negligible weight to/from magazines, are permitted.

IPSC uses a trigger weight which is normally pretty accurate, depending on who is doing it. But I've also seen other methods at different matches. Try your trigger several times with whatever weight you decide on to be sure it's consistent. I've seen striker guns waver a pound each pull. When I ran my Glock I think I had a six pound pull just so I didn't have to worry. The half pound isn't going to gain you anything except anxiety till you get to chrono.

Production shooters, especially, should pay attention to the restrictions, particularly: "Aftermarket parts, components and accessories are prohibited, except as follows:" (aftermarket magazines, iron sights and grip panels are allowed). I.e. no aftermarket springs, etc.

6lbs it is. Thanks.

I'm doing the same thing to my M&P. I'm hoping a heavier trigger spring and sear spring will do it. Also, be careful if you have a radiused striker block, that might or might not fly depending on if its seen as minor detailing or part of a trigger job. I'm swapping mine out to an unmodified factory one just in case!

"Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited."

6lbs it is. Thanks.

I'm doing the same thing to my M&P. I'm hoping a heavier trigger spring and sear spring will do it. Also, be careful if you have a radiused striker block, that might or might not fly depending on if its seen as minor detailing or part of a trigger job. I'm swapping mine out to an unmodified factory one just in case!

"Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required

in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited."

I already have the "L" model but it has a trigger job on it already. I just picked up a factory pro model so I'm just going to try and make it not gritty and have a clean break and be at 6lbs.

But that would be too easy! lol. I would think a factory trigger spring from a MA Compliant M&P would be all that you would need.

By the way, I joined IPSC Global Village and on one of the first threads I was reading someone posted this!

59511481.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Slight thread stall... Is this the first US IPSC natinal championship?

Brian,

As Britin mentioned it isn't the first. But it's always been primarily a qualifier match for the US Teams to the WS. Which resulted in relatively low turnout due to the rule differences and most of the USPSA crowd not interested in trying out for the team.....also not wanting to incur the expense of meeting IPSC division requirements. Flex and Linda have done outstanding jobs with the match in years past. That one in Michigan is still the toughest match I have ever shot to date!!!!! I'll never forget that partial with a no-shoot leaving about 1.5 inches of scoring space!

We decided to take it bigger, marketing to the IPSC crowd. Looking at many of the European matches drawing 500+ we're trying to make it a premier IPSC match. Of course the fact we're hosting the WS in a couple years isn't hurting matters. We are getting close to capacity this year without really knowing what we're doing (kind of kidding). I expect next year to be crazy.

We have some exciting things planned this year. I think it will be a super fun match.

I'll gladly comp your slot if you'd like to come out of retirement!! :bow:

Shannon