Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many stages are your local matches?

KyroWebs

Title says it.....how many stages do you typically see at your local matches?

So what's the angle on this info? :ph34r:

< 180° hopefully. :cheers:

LOL, I think you know what's going through my head Jesse :cheers: You're just going to have to wait until it's my turn to MD later this year! Now all I need is cooperating weather and dry bays.

Four Berms at our city range = 4 stages.

If anyone has shot the High Desert Classic, they know most stages are in the high round count. Typically 24-30 rounds with a classifier on stage 4.

Edited by pjb45

6-7 stages for the Saturday or Sunday matches.

2-4 stages for the week night matches.

What he said! Round count typically 125-150 and up.

Handgun - 6 stages - $ 38 w/ classifer ; $ 35 w/o

Geez, everything really is more expensive in California. Our matches are $20 with discounts for various things (RO, squad leader, helping set up etc).

Six stages including a classifier every other weekend for the outdoor matches, four stages including a classifier once a month at the indoor range.

Mike

Most of the ECO clubs put on 5 stages, but a couple routinely do 6.

A few of the clubs that put on 5 stages only have 4 berms, so they will set the classifier up together with a short speed shoot.

At our indoor range we are running 2 stages on a weekly basis. The last Friday of the month we run a classifier as well bumping to 3 stages. We do allow shooters to run a second gun or re-shoot with their first gun as many times as they can before we run out of time for the night. Some shooters can get in two or three runs per stage each week easily. This is kind of fun because it allows you to tackle the same stage in a different way or just try to better your first run.

Joe W.

Four long courses at our club. Four bays. One is rifle bay and its narrow. 128ish round count. We run a special classifier once a year and a couple more classifier stages throughout the season. $15 for a standard match. More for the special classifier.

Sometimes we mix it up with a short course and medium course in the largest of the four bays.

Edited by hueycrew

My most local match is 7 including the classifier, and the rest run 5-6. Today we had ~165rds, which is pretty typical. We avg probably close to 65 a match and had 79 today, so 7 stages spreads it out nicely.

I shoot 4 club matches that I shoot semi-regularly.

2 of those are always 5 stages.

1 is always 4 stages.

The other is usually 5 but occasionally (particularly during the hotter summer months) will run only 4.

• 2 weeks later...