USPSA (what are we getting right)

Coach

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several in no particular order

• The matches are a boat load of fun and unlike any other shooting sport
  • Constantly meet wonderful folks willing to bend over backwards to help a fellow competitor
  • There is a division for everyone, those will little disposal income to those with way to much
  • For what most outsides would consider a dangerous sport it is in fact very safe

Clear and concise rules that every USPSA club follows nation wide

Exemplary safety record and enforcement of safety rules

Classification system that accurately rates your skill level

Unique shooting challenges are common every time you attend a match

This sport attracts and retains the most selfless, giving and nice people in the nation

Good competition available for all skill levels

Provides an excellent foundation for vastly improving anyone’s handgun skills

Many Divisions are available to accommodate pretty much any budget or handgun type

You have the opportunity to shoot with and meet the best shooters in the world at any level match

It’s a lot of fun

Edited by CHA-LEE

USPSA lays out a variety of interesting shooting problems and then lets you shoot them however you want within a consistent fair set of rules.

Shooters are some of the most helpful, giving, happy people I know.

USPSA is a member driven org. When something gets out of whack with what the membership wants (like the 3lb production trigger rule) it gets fixed quickly.

With the sport consistently growing we are able to give a safe, knowledgeable and practical training to those that may otherwise learn or continue unsafe gun handling practices. If you don't think it makes a huge difference, visit an open public range someday and just sit back and watch... SCARRY.......

Looks like it's already been said, but no two matches are ever the same and you can choose how to solve each stage as it best suits your ability and equipment.

I like that there is no such thing as a "perfect" match or stage ever. Someone will always come along and do it faster or more accurately.

1. Rules tend to be objective with less room for subjective interpretation.

2. Freestyle philosophy. (Good) stages have a problem solving element that requires a shooter to think things through and have multiple solutions. Great stages will have different best solutions based on shooters abilities.

3. Variety of divisions allow a wide variety of guns to be competitive.

I'll have to agree with everyone here that says the matches are fun. I just had a baby this year and won't have the time to get out and practice much, but I still want to shoot a couple majors just for the fun. Can't say I'd like spending that much money without being competitive in many other games.

A leadership that is elected by members and largely listens to the members (eg the recent trigger weight rule change that was later removed before it went into effect).

-rvb

Good people, always willing to help new shooters, honest as they come, the same rules apply no matter where u shoot, safety 1st, alot of divisions to choose from and most clubs have 4-5 field stages and a classifier. Lots of practice n a controlled safe place.