Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

http://sevignyperformance.com/2012/01/omb-teams-up-with-dave-sevigny/

OMB teams up with Dave Sevigny

By Brooke– January 19, 2012

Posted in: Uncategorized

For Immediate Release

January 18, 2012

OMB GUNS partners with World Champion Dave Sevigny

Olathe, Kansas- #1 distributor OMB Guns announces SHOT Show teaming up with world champion competitive pistol shooter Dave Sevigny to promote the FNH USA new striker fired pistols to law enforcement…..”SHIFT CHANGE” is here and proudly made in the USA!

President of OMB Guns John S. Ralph III stated, “Dave is a humble, polite champion that comes along once every 20 years. He demands high performance standards and already has provided us with valuable feedback to share with our manufacturers. At OMB Guns we value the synergy of world class shooting, dedicated work ethic and powerful sales experience to be the best.”

Dave Sevigny quickly rose to the top of practical shootings elite competitors. As an 11-Time National Champion in the most competitive practical handgun shooting league, Dave is the only person to win a National Championship in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) each year since 2003. In 2011 alone Dave won the World Speed Shooting Championship in Iron Sight as well as the National Championship for the second consecutive season, Pro-Am Championship in both Professional divisions for the second consecutive season and won the 1911 Single Stack Classic/USPSA Nationals to push his career major championship total to over 170 wins since 1999. “I am happy to be part of this hardworking team committed to be the best. Providing feedback on products, training and competing with OMB Guns is something to look forward to,” says Dave Sevigny.

The “Shift Change” striker-fired FNH FNS pistol is currently available in 9mm and .40 caliber. The FNS pistols feature fully ambidextrous controls including options with or without an external thumb safety, interchangeable back straps to suit varying hand sizes, and a low bore axis for greater control. The FNS is available at comparable prices to other pistols in its class. Additional models and configurations from FNH USA are coming soon.

OMB Guns Info: www.ombguns.com. Also see OMB GUNS Fan Page on Face book – Proud members of the National Rifle Association

FNH USA Info: www.fnhusa.com. Also see FNH USA Fan Page on Facebook

Dave Sevigny Info: www.davesevigny.com. Also see Dave Sevigny Fan Page on Facebook

Now this is just stupid. The gun is going to be used in worldwide competitions and yet...

From FH's site:

Includes (3) 17 round magazines.

TO ORDER YOU MUST BE A: LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR FN LE SUB-DISTRIBUTION DEALER

https://shop.ombguns.com/p-1566-fnh-usa-shift-change-fns-9-9mm-blackmatte-black.aspx

And no one believed me on weds.... ;)

I was right there with you

You don't fly to Vegas, have your picture taken, post it on your facebook page saying that you are working with FNH on Media day for not reason........

I hope it works out great for him, I hope that he is shooting this gun and that the gun turns out to be winner. I have not been impressed with the FNP/FNX line of pistols, looking at them they look very good, picking one up it have a great feeling grip, looking it over it seems pretty low ball pistol compared to M&P and Glocks. Just always got the feeling that it should say Taurus on the slide

Not very surprised by this. In the past 2 months or so he's posted some videos on Facebook of him practicing steel challenge and shooting a local match using a FN pistol. I didn't think much of it, but it seems to make sense now. Good for him. :cheers:

Edited by alpha-charlie

Um, let's not get carried away. I spoke to Dave as he was manning the clock on the FNS. Suffice it to say I never thought I would be Ro'd by Dave.

However, he has not been signed by FNH. He is working with OMB on the FNS doing several things including training, but he is NOT sponsored by FNH. That does not mean that can't happen, but it hasn't at this time. Certainly wish him the best and I hope the perfect deal comes along for him.

Now this is just stupid. The gun is going to be used in worldwide competitions and yet...

From FH's site:

Includes (3) 17 round magazines.

TO ORDER YOU MUST BE A: LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR FN LE SUB-DISTRIBUTION DEALER

https://shop.ombguns...atte-black.aspx

That's actually from OMB's site, not FNH's - OMB are apparently the exclusive LE dealer. You have to be LE to order one from OMB. While it doesn't show up on FNH-USA's site, yet, one would have to assume that there will be plenty of them available to the normal civilian market....

It's going to suck getting our asses kicked by one of those ugly FN pistols.

I am reading that as...you think Glocks are pretty. cheers.gif

You would!

:lol:

And you wouldn't why? :devil: :devil:

Though I'll give you, that if you're freezing, you can burn the grips off a 1911, for a little heat.....

Wow, so much has happened in the Glock world since last year. What an interesting turn of events. I wish him well.

I believe this is going to end up really changing the 3-Gun world, if Dave decides to promote FN. Wait till you see him packing an SLP, SCAR and an FNS. All speculation on my part.

WG

Just reading from the press release, it doesn't mention him shooting for FNH,OMB it says he is just promoting this gun to LE. I was at the GA State Steel Challenge yesterday, and Dave was there shooting a Glock.

Olathe, Kansas- #1 distributor OMB Guns announces SHOT Show teaming up with world champion competitive pistol shooter Dave Sevigny to promote the FNH USA new striker fired pistols to law enforcement…..”SHIFT CHANGE” is here and proudly made in the USA!

President of OMB Guns John S. Ralph III stated, “Dave is a humble, polite champion that comes along once every 20 years. He demands high performance standards and already has provided us with valuable feedback to share with our manufacturers. At OMB Guns we value the synergy of world class shooting, dedicated work ethic and powerful sales experience to be the best.”

But I can always be wrong too.