Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anybody here run there CZ's with iron sights?

Xander

pevadijk, one concern of mine about trying many different front sights on my Shadow is having to drill out the front sight every time. Did it cause the hole in the slide to become too big drilling this out many times?

I am also a fan of the Dawson Precision sights which I put on our Glock.

Any input is appreciated because I have old eyes and would like to experiment with many different Dawson front sights on my Shadow.

Thanks,

Bobby H.

Edited by atomicbrh

I still drill the frontsights: my shooting buddy skipped drilling a frontsight and that made the bushing from his 75B go flying..

If you do the drilling carefully (I use a cordless bitdriver at such a low speed that it's barely cuts and I can control it fairly well) you can do this several times. I have changed frontsights at least 10 times on my current CZ ;-)

But for me the Dawson all black serrated fronts are the holy grail of CZ front sights and I've tried every variation CZcustom sells.

Edited by pevadijk

I far and away prefer all black serrated front sights to FO's, I've tried going back just to see if I was fooling myself, but now they just seem super distracting.

I'm running the .090" wide X .170" Dawson on a Stainless 75B with the CZC competition rear and ideally I'd like it to hit right exactly at the top of the front blade, but it prints about an inch or so high at 7-10 yards, which seems to be working well for me since I tend to bury the front sight in the notch when I'm going fast and makes it so that I can simply "lollipop" 6" plates at 20-25 yards.

More than anything I just feel that black fronts force you to stay honest with your alignment and don't let you just release shots once you see the glowing dot appear in the notch like with FO's. YMMV...

I am using a serrated front black sight that I got from the previous owner of my CZ 85 C and it is about .100" wide and I am not sure how tall it is. I think it is a CZ product and the rear sight is the CZ Competition one.

I am older with not the best sight and have used FO front sights for a while on my Glocks and an M&P Pro also had the big green FO front sight, but I find the precision of the plain black front sight quite good even if it slows me down a tad. I shoot better groups but a bit slower.

I may get a Dawson FO front sight just to see what difference it makes.

Edited by tobin

I started off with the f/o and thought I liked it. As my skills progressed I found myself rushing the shot just because I see the fiber and not actually lining anything up. I went with the dawson and absolutely loved it. Tried going back to the f/o thinking that maybe it was just a mental thing but it confirmed it, I like the plain black sight way better.

I started off with the f/o and thought I liked it. As my skills progressed I found myself rushing the shot just because I see the fiber and not actually lining anything up. I went with the dawson and absolutely loved it. Tried going back to the f/o thinking that maybe it was just a mental thing but it confirmed it, I like the plain black sight way better.

this was also my experience. my sights got smaller and blacker as i improved.

3 white dot > black rear large orange FO > black rear small red FO > black rear front black > black rear target thinned front black.

Tobin This is not about sights but i see you shoot glock & M&P & CZ witch do you prefer & why. I am new to this game.

I have to say I get better overall scores with the steel framed gun than the polymer guns. I find the lighter guns too easy to push off the target, I guess the heavier gun is steadier for me. Trigger advantage should be to the Glock for lighter first shot but I still shoot the CZ better overall even though I have to be careful with that first DA shot, after that its all the same or easier with the CZ.

I also find the reloads faster on the CZ as I think the angle and the material of the Glock mags make the changes a bit slower for me. The CZ wit its metal mags and grip angle are much faster for me but YMMV.

How many who prefer non-fiber optic sights for the standard serrated front sight are over 40?

I'm 42 actually and I really hate FO's ;-)

48 here. I prefer black on black... but I can deal with a fiber optic in the front if I need to.

• 4 weeks later...