Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got busted

KentG

My springer precision 5.25 arrived at my dealer this afternoon and I had already gone to work. Someone at the shop made the mistake of calling and leaving a message at the house instead of my cell. Wifey texts and asks me if I have bought something all coy like.

She would have never known if they hadn't messed up.

Now I'm going to be on the hook for something for her. Crap.

Edited by tnek

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be worse, it could be a new Open gun that was bought on the sly :devil:

That had to leave a mark!

My saving grace is I always tell her I didn't pay over $300 for any gun. It's a little game we play so she won't yell at me and I don't ask how much that Coach handbag or shoes cost or whatever is in all those bags from the mall. It's worked for 20 years.

I tell my wife exactly how much each one costs, she sets aside the money, week by week, for a couple of months, if need be, then I buy what I want. She says I work very hard for my money and I deserve to spend some of it however I want. I do the same for her. Works very well... I get a gun, she gets a house....I get a gun, she gets a new car...... :roflol:

You need to get your wife to shoot with you. If I only bought one I would just loose it to her. Anytime I want a new gun I have to get her one also. When is the XDM 45 5.25 gonna be out? I need to get a couple of them on order.

Learn these words.

"I traded for it" :cheers::roflol:

Just dont mention it was green pictures of dead guys that you traded.

HA!! Thats EXACTLY what I told her when I talked to her. I just didnt tell her I traded MONEY for it. As far as they all look alike thing I did see her give the Akdal a funny look but she didnt catch on I think. Then again she could completly have my number and I dont know it which seems to be most of the time.

And as far as the gunshop having the home number I dont know how they got it. I dont ever remember giving it to them. I will be fixing that though.

You need to get your wife to shoot with you. If I only bought one I would just loose it to her. Anytime I want a new gun I have to get her one also. When is the XDM 45 5.25 gonna be out? I need to get a couple of them on order.

Unfortunatly I can NOT get my wife to shoot. Ever. She is fine with me doing it and matches because I love it.

I think it unfortunatly goes back to the fact her father killed himself when she was 9 by the garden hose in the car and a bullet to the head. He was serious about getting it done. I dont pressure her and she knows there is one revolver in the nightstand, a Taraus Ultralight Hammerless 5 shot 38 just for her becuase I know thats fail safe vs a autoloader. Sorry for thread drift.

My friend decided that it was time for an ar15 so he gave me the cash and I ordered a parts kits and it was shipped to my house for him. He was on his own for a stripped lower but I think that was cheap enough to get past her. I still dont think she knows. Not my problem if she finds out.

I'm about to be in this same boat.

Back up to February this year...

I call Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks and begin the process, placing my name on the list, money down etc.. Several months of a few random payments and all is well. I just keep dropping hints to the future wife that I'm going to buy myself a new limited gun sooner or later...

Fast forward to a month ago.. she sends me a picture message on my phone of a truck I've been eyeing up for a few years. A new crew cab 4x4 Dodge Cummins Diesel, 6 speed manual.. not thinking I would want it or anything.. well, we go look at it and buy it the next day.

Fast forward to a couple days ago.. I get an email from Bobby Keigans saying they're ready to confirm my order and start the build..COOL!... only problem is I'm getting married saturday, and still haven't quite told her about the new gun..LOL

Owell, she has pretty much come to expect it of me. As long as the bills are paid and we have money in savings etc, she doesn't care. :cheers:

My saving grace is I always tell her I didn't pay over $300 for any gun. It's a little game we play so she won't yell at me and I don't ask how much that Coach handbag or shoes cost or whatever is in all those bags from the mall. It's worked for 20 years.

IF she decides to sell any after you ( well you know ) well he only paid $300 so I will take $150 for it,, :roflol:

IF she decides to sell any after you ( well you know ) well he only paid $300 so I will take $150 for it,, :roflol:

I plan on being buried in my hot rod with all my toys. Problem solved.

Awhile back, my Wife was paying the credit card bills. There was $400 charge at Four Seasons, not knowing what it was, she looks it up online and sees Four Seasons Hotel. Knowing she's never been there, she starts to get angry and confronts me about it. Well 4 Seasons is a local gun shop and she was never so relieved to hear I spent $400 on ammo.