Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it is the same as last year, personal vehicles were not allowed in the bays.

Park in the parking lot and carry everything. Carts are a bonus.

Not enough room for everyone to bring cars in.

Alden, that is indeed the case.

Thanks,

Justin

Eagle,

When General Chang announced the WW2 division I could not pass up this once in a lifetime (probably) opportunity to shoot that kit heads up in a major match. One learns from mistakes so here's some mistakes made and what I learned last month.

With the 8 shots in the Garand make every shot count. If that clip goes ching and you have one target left just add 5-10 seconds to your time, and that's if your standing reload goes fairly well. Many times they don't.

Figure out how to set up offhand and side barricade support to not let the 30-06 recoil knock you around too much or cause you to loose your grip or position.

With 6 in the tube with the pump keep track of your shots. You can tell when an auto runs dry, not so much with a pump. Loosing track and running the pump dry means you closed the bolt on an empty chamber, got the sight picture, pulled the trigger and heard the click. Racked open the action, threw one in there, re-aquired and made the shot. Or, after the click, threw one into the tube, racked the action and made the shot. Either way, lots of lost time.

Hope that helps.

As long as it is the same as last year, personal vehicles were not allowed in the bays.

Park in the parking lot and carry everything. Carts are a bonus.

Not enough room for everyone to bring cars in.

Alden, that is indeed the case.

Thanks,

Justin

Just to get some clarification.... Will we be allowed to take golf carts/ ATV's/Mules from bay to bay? We got a gimp in our crew so I wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Is the range/bays easily accessible by Minivan or is an SUV a better rental choice?

The range can be driven to in a Corvette, But they have to make the competitors park out

My Impala hits bottom on a couple spots, so a Corvette might high-center. :surprise:

Having 200+ autos or trucks tooling around is too much, but ATV/UTV/Golf carts going bay-to-bay are ok by competitors. Huge parking lot out front. At least a hand cart is recommended.

Just to get some clarification.... Will we be allowed to take golf carts/ ATV's/Mules from bay to bay? We got a gimp in our crew so I wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Yes you will be able to take carts/buggys/ATV's from bay to bay during the match.

Thanks guys!

Just out of curisity, anybody got a recent picture of the range? Still look like a desert.

I don't have a recent picture, but I did find this video from the LaRue Range Day last November, so it is fairly recent:

Eagle,

When General Chang announced the WW2 division I could not pass up this once in a lifetime (probably) opportunity to shoot that kit heads up in a major match. One learns from mistakes so here's some mistakes made and what I learned last month.

With the 8 shots in the Garand make every shot count. If that clip goes ching and you have one target left just add 5-10 seconds to your time, and that's if your standing reload goes fairly well. Many times they don't.

Figure out how to set up offhand and side barricade support to not let the 30-06 recoil knock you around too much or cause you to loose your grip or position.

With 6 in the tube with the pump keep track of your shots. You can tell when an auto runs dry, not so much with a pump. Loosing track and running the pump dry means you closed the bolt on an empty chamber, got the sight picture, pulled the trigger and heard the click. Racked open the action, threw one in there, re-aquired and made the shot. Or, after the click, threw one into the tube, racked the action and made the shot. Either way, lots of lost time.

Hope that helps.

My experience has been ammunition management is much more critical with all three firearms in the WWII division and the engagement process also requires a different mind set than with the more modern or higher capactiy firearms.

Good luck and keep the thumb up when reloading the Garand!

Who do we need to email to swap divisions? I think I signed up for limited. With the 3 Gun Nation Pro Tour, I need to swap over to tac optics.

With saddness I must request the same...only from WWII to Tact Optics.

Patrick

Send me a note at support@texasmultigun.com and I'll take care of it for you.

Thanks,

Justin

Who do we need to email to swap divisions? I think I signed up for limited. With the 3 Gun Nation Pro Tour, I need to swap over to tac optics.

Patrick

Oh man, that sucks....but at least I now have a fighting chance in WWII div.

I though you got points based on how you finish and the division doesnt matter.

Patrick

Not in the "Pro Series" designated matches (5) where it is Tact Scope only.

Do you think the other Pro's would mind if I shot the WWII division AND then the Tact Scope back to back???

Patrick

Patrick

Not in the "Pro Series" designated matches (5) where it is Tact Scope only.

Do you think the other Pro's would mind if I shot the WWII division AND then the Tact Scope back to back???

Patrick

Only if they can adjust your sights before you shoot. :roflol:

I asked them to switch me from WWII to Tac Optics last week. :( I considered trying to shoot on Thursday w/ the ROs in WWII, but it didn't seem...right? (plus my air travel was already booked)

I really hated to miss shooting a M1 in a major match, but I can't see going to all the expense of Pro and not giving it my best effort at all 5 matches. If only 3GN would have picked one of the other matches but Texas! :)

I asked them to switch me from WWII to Tac Optics last week. :( I considered trying to shoot on Thursday w/ the ROs in WWII, but it didn't seem...right? (plus my air travel was already booked)

I really hated to miss shooting a M1 in a major match, but I can't see going to all the expense of Pro and not giving it my best effort at all 5 matches. If only 3GN would have picked one of the other matches but Texas! :)

I am with you Bryan...it did not seem right. However, it is not forbidden, so let's see who does :devil:

Arson...I bought 3! and don't get to use any of them (at this match!)

Oh well, the price ya pay to reach for the "brass ring".

Patrick

Edited by P.E. Kelley

About this not seeming right nonsense...the match is a tribute to the men and women of the US Armed forces during WW2, The hope was to get a small...very small taste of what it was like using equipment from that era. I wholeheartedly disagree that anyone would have gained a competitive advantage over shooting a single stack, pump, and Garand. If anything you'd be at a disadvantage. For those of you that chickened out because of what you thought would be inappropriate...you totally missed the boat and I am extremely disappointed. It wasn't abpout winning or 3gun nation. It was about guys like Thomas Baker Citation. Tragic that so many are so short sighted these days...

Edited by GeneralChang

About this not seeming right nonsense...the match is a tribute to the men and women of the US Armed forces during WW2, The hope was to get a small...very small taste of what it was like using equipment from that era. I wholeheartedly disagree that anyone would have gained a competitive advantage over shooting a single stack, pump, and Garand. If anything you'd be at a disadvantage. For those of you that chickened out because of what you thought would be inappropriate...you totally missed the boat and I am extremely disappointed. It wasn't abpout winning or 3gun nation. It was about guys like Thomas Baker Citation. Tragic that so many are so short sighted these days...

I (Like) this!