Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would check out the hotels in Cedar Park on 1431. Most are practically brand new, 25 minutes to the range, and there are lots of great restaurants within blocks of them.

Warning to all newcomers: DO NOT SPEED IN LIBERTY HILL!!!!!!!!!!

Several of the monthly match shooters have gotten tickets (unless they happened to have a badge in their pocket)!

I would check out the hotels in Cedar Park on 1431. Most are practically brand new, 25 minutes to the range, and there are lots of great restaurants within blocks of them.

Several of the monthly match shooters have gotten tickets (unless they happened to have a badge in their pocket)!

That is good advice in any location.

Pat

One of the locals mentioned once that his badge would not help because "they do not extend the courtesy".

Speed limit is 55mph though town, not too bad, but it is easy to miss the signs on the edge of town.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

One of the locals mentioned once that his badge would not help because "they do not extend the courtesy".

Speed limit is 55mph though town, not too bad, but it is easy to miss the signs on the edge of town.

In my state badging another cop to get out of a traffic ticket is bad form and if my chief found out I did that I would be in some hot water. I would politely tell them I am carrying a weapon under the law enforcement safety act, which I always am. I had someone show me a FOP card from New York after they passed in a no passing zone going 20 over the limit. I politely told him I only needed his license, registration and proof of insurance to write the tickets.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Will there be a sight in range available before and during the match ?

If so what is the longest distance will be available.

There was before the match last year, but it will depend on availability of match staff to monitor the activity, so no promises. Probably 100, possibly 200 yards. Unlikely during the match. There are more bays this year, but we basically consume the range for the match.

No worries Brian. I have some CMP-fresh ammo coming in next week, I'll just try it myself. Are there IMGA specs for bolt cutters?

DanO

.30 cal lead core actually cuts easy enough w/ a pair of "lineman" pliers.

Alright, FYI for anyone with CMP-current HXP .30-06. I took a round right out ohf the CMP can, HXP 71 headstamp attracted to a magnet. Cheap lineman pliers went right though with just a little squeeze. Obviously no type of steel core.

DanO

Can some point ty and myself to a app. please. we suck trying to find one online.

Benny, I love you. You and Ty are two of the most bestest shooters in Texas and you guys can lie like a rug about shooting. Looking forward to seeing you. Gamer plus deluxe.

Alright, FYI for anyone with CMP-current HXP .30-06. I took a round right out ohf the CMP can, HXP 71 headstamp attracted to a magnet. Cheap lineman pliers went right though with just a little squeeze. Obviously no type of steel core.

DanO

LC 69 attracts a magnet also, but no steel core. I felt bad about cutting that one. :(