Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Hey guys, got a pretty cool story for you. I attend church with a veteran of the Pacific War. His father was on Patton's General Staff at the same time he was on the other side the world as a US Army captain serving in the Pacific Theatre. I was telling him of the upcoming match and the theme. He was very interested in hearing about what 3 gun is all about. He is also a big fan of the Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg that will have an exhibit there. I was trying to figure out how to honor him somehow during the match and talked with his wife about it...

This past Sunday he walked up to me handed me a bag and said he would be honored if I would wear his Captain's bars on my hat or shirt during the match...they haven't been worn on a uniform in 65 years...

I am not worthy...but I an honored to do it.

My grandfather served in the Pacific.

I have a # of his medals, and was planning on doing the same.

Awesome stories guys! Honor the men & women that saved the world in WWII. WOW!!!!

MLM

Awesome idea. Our Vets don't get 1% of the respect they deserve.

Edited by phm14

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, got a pretty cool story for you. I attend church with a veteran of the Pacific War. His father was on Patton's General Staff at the same time he was on the other side the world as a US Army captain serving in the Pacific Theatre. I was telling him of the upcoming match and the theme. He was very interested in hearing about what 3 gun is all about. He is also a big fan of the Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg that will have an exhibit there. I was trying to figure out how to honor him somehow during the match and talked with his wife about it...

This past Sunday he walked up to me handed me a bag and said he would be honored if I would wear his Captain's bars on my hat or shirt during the match...they haven't been worn on a uniform in 65 years...

Awesome stories guys! Honor the men & women that saved the world in WWII. WOW!!!!

MLM

I had two great-uncles who served in that part of the world, but neither saw combat. One was in the Navy, on a transport ship, and was injured in a boiler accident. The other flew transport planes over 'The Hump' in the CBI.

MLM

Awesome idea. Our Vets don't get 1% of the respect they deserve.

What a great idea. I have my grandfathers dog tags. I'll pack & wear them for the match.

Messed up and lost a PM from Rick who offered to help me and my friends from Alaska by squading with us and helping us move our gear around with his golf cart. Rick if your out there could you send me a PM. Thanks

I forgot your user name.

Not official, but enough for preliminary planning purposes.

Approximate Round Count- 200 Rifle, 150 pistol, 75 birdshot, 10 slugs and 10 buckshot

Wait, buckshot? To quote Sam's opening line in every episode of Quantum Leap, "Oh boy..."

Approximate Round Count- 200 Rifle, 150 pistol, 75 birdshot, 10 slugs and 10 buckshot

Wait, buckshot? To quote Sam's opening line in every episode of Quantum Leap, "Oh boy..."

I had the same thought.

Always a first time to shoot buckshot in competition. :)

Is this an approx. count for WWII division? or will theirs be less?

The round counts are based on tactical, which assumes 2 hits anywhere on paper to avoid a penalty (1 A/B on paper, but 2 anywhere), so WW2 will use less since only 1 hit on paper is required. But steel is the same number of rounds. And the shotgun rounds are the same regardless of division. The mix of paper/steel has not been announced, so no exact count.

Is this an approx. count for WWII division? or will theirs be less?

The round counts are based on tactical, which assumes 2 hits anywhere on paper to avoid a penalty (1 A/B on paper, but 2 anywhere), so WW2 will use less since only 1 hit on paper is required. But steel is the same number of rounds. And the shotgun rounds are the same regardless of division. The mix of paper/steel has not been announced, so no exact count.

Thanks Lee.

Unfortunately due to a leg injury I have to drop out of this match.

I'll still be there supporting friends, but unable to compete.

EDIT:

Working with Sheldon to fill my spot and give one lucky individual 3 days of fun!

Edited by New4John

a little video teaser

from this past weekend

look familiar?

insert lame excuse: I am recovering from a broke trigger finger :)

Thanks for the vids. I'm planning to run a 9mm pistol in limited, but not so sure after all that steel. It's "must drop" scoring on steel, right?

Unfortunately due to a leg injury I have to drop out of this match.

I'll still be there supporting friends, but unable to compete.

EDIT:

Working with Sheldon to fill my spot and give one lucky individual 3 days of fun!

Excellent.

Excellent.

Well maybe for someone, but it sure sucks for me :(

Sorry, should have clarified.

Excellent for the shooter you are helping, and for your generosity.

Def sucks for you. But glad you will still be able to attend and offer support.

Thanks for the vids. I'm planning to run a 9mm pistol in limited, but not so sure after all that steel. It's "must drop" scoring on steel, right?

9mm will be fine for the steel. I have used whitebox, federal bulk packs and have not had an issue with knocking them down.

9mm will be fine for the steel. I have used whitebox, federal bulk packs and have not had an issue with knocking them down.

Thanks, man. I guess we're good as long as they're set right. I hit a small popper six times at a local match a while back before the SO called "hit" and had me move on. I was shooting some weak steel cased 115s. If these stages are as steel heavy as those vids show, I'll probably bring 124gr ammo. Looks like fun. :)

a little video teaser

from this past weekend

look familiar?

insert lame excuse: I am recovering from a broke trigger finger :)

Dang man, now I'm all ready to shoot some stuff..... :goof: