Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

WWII shooters: Are we up to 30 yet? I have a line on a guy that does kydex belt carriers for en bloc clips. He's a one-man shop, not setup for e-commerce or anything like that. I'm trying to set up a group buy if anyone is interested, just let me know. I'm hoping I can get the price under 20 bucks each. Mre info to follow including pricing and pictures as it comes available.

Also for the WWII folks... what's everyone doing for shotguns? Right now I'm just planning on plugging my Nova, but If I could find a more authentic optin that didn't cost much, I'd consider it just for the cool factor.

DanO

At $20, it would end up costing $80 to run the match, more if you want to carry extra rounds (lets see...4*8=32 plus 8 in the gun = 40 rounds). A bit steep for me, for one match, but I might bite. A double or triple holder might work.

Shotgun for me is a 590, which I need to plug. However, for cool factor, I can attach a bayonet. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWII shooters: Are we up to 30 yet? I have a line on a guy that does kydex belt carriers for en bloc clips. He's a one-man shop, not setup for e-commerce or anything like that. I'm trying to set up a group buy if anyone is interested, just let me know. I'm hoping I can get the price under 20 bucks each. Mre info to follow including pricing and pictures as it comes available.

Also for the WWII folks... what's everyone doing for shotguns? Right now I'm just planning on plugging my Nova, but If I could find a more authentic optin that didn't cost much, I'd consider it just for the cool factor.

DanO

At $20, it would end up costing $80 to run the match, more if you want to carry extra rounds (lets see...4*8=32 plus 8 in the gun = 40 rounds). A bit steep for me, for one match, but I might bite. A double or triple holder might work.

Shotgun for me is a 590, which I need to plug. However, for cool factor, I can attach a bayonet. ;)

Good question...how many en blocs does this carrier hold for $20? $20 for each clip would be a bit steep (says a guy who's using an old SAW pouch to hold his.)

As for shotgun...I'm using an old (1963 vintage) 870 Wingmaster. I actually had to put a +2 extension on it to get it to 6 rounds.

Okay, a few things:

DMG, that is most definitely a better image. I would absolutely buy a couple of shirts if someone wanted to put it together.

DanO

I'm using a Maverick 88 that is limited to 5 plus 1 in the chamber.

Okay, a news flash for the WWII shooters. I had my one good idea for 2012 today, just got home and tried it out, and it seems to work well...

I had some CCW 4-shell shotgun caddies sitting around, having been replaced last year. I pulled the wire retaining springs out, and lo and behold, it holds a loaded en bloc clip just about perfectly. The slight taper of the clip lets you insert it all the way down into the carrier, and the cut-out in the back still allows you to get a thumb behind it to grasp. There is even a cutout in the back of the shell carrier that matches up perfectly with the dimple on the clip. I turned the whole thing upside down a shook the bejeezus (technical term) out if it, and couldn't get the clip to fall out, but it still comes out easily when you grab it.

DanO

Paul Payne showed me a prototype Kydex holder that they are planning to make at Larue. He used it at the last club match (I don't think his decision to stick with open had anything to do with the stripper holder!:roflol:)

Oh yeah, I think it held 3 or 4 stripper clips.

Edited by bpowe

Well, I think I've got the belt ready. It's a little front-heavy now, hope there isn't any running downhill.

DanO

Have you tried to load the rifle from all the carriers? I load an M1 right handed and those left-ward clips might be tricky to grab. I moved some holders behind the holster to make room in front which means I am learning weak-hand shotgun loading also since there is not room for clips and shell carriers on the right.

I hate to stir the pot any more, but questions pop into my head and demand to be asked. I don't see anything in the rules that says anything about holsters for WWII Division. Should we assume they will be the same as for Tactical etc?

Good question. I poked the MD. Might be Tactical, but might be more like USPSA Single Stack, which is a little more restrictive.

My check hasn't been cashed in almost four weeks. I'm assuming there are still openings.

Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

I sent my son's in about that time also and it has not been cashed either. I just sent an e-mail to support to find out. Hope he is in.

gerritm

My check hasn't been cashed in almost four weeks. I'm assuming there are still openings.

I sent my son's in about that time also and it has not been cashed either. I just sent an e-mail to support to find out. Hope he is in.

gerritm

Mine hasn't been cashed either and they aren't responding to emails. It'd be nice to know so I could go and spend the $ at GT Distributors if I didn't get in!

Prepping for Shot Show has had Sheldon pretty busy. Send an email to support@texasmultigun.com and I'll look up whether your registration has been completed.

Also, we now have the rules posted directly on the web site.

Thanks,

Justin

gerritm

Mine hasn't been cashed either and they aren't responding to emails. It'd be nice to know so I could go and spend the $ at GT Distributors if I didn't get in!

There were 40 competitors in Open per the final scores. This wouldn't count anyone who DQ'd, though.

Quesiton for those who went last year. How many people shot in Open?

Pat

Think it was about 42 to 45 give or take.

Trying to register for the Liberty Hill, TX Feb 18th match. Does anyone know if it's full?

I don't think the local monthly matches fill up.

But I have not tried tossing up online for any of the matches yet, usually just sign up the morning of.