Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Trying to register for the Liberty Hill, TX Feb 18th match. Does anyone know if it's full?

I don't think the local monthly matches fill up.

But I have not tried tossing up online for any of the matches yet, usually just sign up the morning of.

Jason, you don't need to sign up. Just bring $30 and your gear, maybe lunch too. :cheers:

Jason :ph34r:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason,

Thanks. It'll be my first 3Gun match there. Anxious to see how the matches are.

They will have a new shooters meeting before the match starts. Let them know it is your first match.

Safety first, have fun and don't try to go to fast.

Shot those plenty of times. I just havent made it out to any BOTW matches yet. Thanks B)

You're welcome. Just show up at BoTW about 9:00 to 9:30 to help set up, and then shoot the matches.

Set up usually starts around 8. :D

Alot of the same guys that shoot at Cove, shoot at BOTW also. Just jump on a squad with them. Be ready to shoot 100yd to 480yd rifle shots and learn to reload your shotgun fast and often. Most of the stages have a 90sec par time. You may be pressed into service as a SO also. I have to work that day so I can't be there that month.

Jason

Trying to register for the Liberty Hill, TX Feb 18th match. Does anyone know if it's full?

No need to pre-register for monthly matches at this time. We'll eventually use that functionality but for right now just look there for the schedule and to signup for major matches.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

So for the big event: When do we shoot Firday, Sat, and Sunday?

Are there any round count estimates:

Buckshot?

Slugs?

Bird?

Rifle?

Pistol?

For the guys asking about open: I'm shooting open.

Any hotel recommendations?

If it is the same as last year you will shoot all 3 days (only till mid day sunday). No round counts yet and a link to the area hotels can be found on the match website.

So for the big event: When do we shoot Firday, Sat, and Sunday?

Are there any round count estimates:

Any hotel recommendations?

If it is the same as last year you will shoot all 3 days (only till mid day sunday). No round counts yet and a link to the area hotels can be found on the match website.

Same 2.5 days of shooting as last year.

Starting point for round count is "lots". :devil: I will say there is no buckshot required, and as the rules are currently written, buckshot is not allowed...oops, it does not say that, it says: "#4 LEAD SHOT or smaller". Not sure if we will edit that, but birdshot is what we expect. As written, use of 00B is subject to DQ.

As for hotels, not sure where the link on the website is; there is not a match hotel, but any of the major places in Cedar Park or Georgetown would be ok.

I would like to assure everyone that sent in there forms and money that we are working on a packet to email out shortly. So far, everyone that has sent in their form and fees is in the match. We have a few slots left and then sponsored slots. If you have registered and not sent in your paperwork please send it in as soon as you can. It's going to be a great match. As for round counts, I'm guessing somewhere in the realm of 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol, 100 rounds birdshot, 10 slugs, 10 buckshot. Some ideas so far is you will probably need hearing protection wherever you are with a light artillery sound simulator going boom on some stages. There will be a stage where you will be shot down behind enemy lines on some Pacific island, as a forward observer/pilot in which you only carried a pistol...intense 60 round stage, bring lots of pistol magazines. Another concept is a stage Gordon Gipson, owner of KNS Precision, is helping us get setup, bomber (hopefully the real thing!!!)stage with some full auto AR15s...you get the idea. More to follow soon.

Edited by GeneralChang

I would like to assure everyone that sent in there forms and money that we are working on a packet to email out shortly. So far, everyone that has sent in their form and fees is in the match. We have a few slots left and then sponsored slots. If you have registered and not sent in your paperwork please send it in as soon as you can. It's going to be a great match. As for round counts, I'm guessing somewhere in the realm of 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol, 100 rounds birdshot, 10 slugs, 10 buckshot. Some ideas so far is you will probably need hearing protection wherever you are with a light artillery sound simulator going boom on some stages. There will be a stage where you will be shot down behind enemy lines on some Pacific island, as a forward observer/pilot in which you only carried a pistol...intense 60 round stage, bring lots of pistol magazines. Another concept is a stage Gordon Gipson, owner of KNS Precision, is helping us get setup, bomber (hopefully the real thing!!!)stage with some full auto AR15s...you get the idea. More to follow soon.

wow...this sounds awesome.

Most esteemed General Chang-

Will any of the stages feature the need to make a shot, from the seated position, perched atop a stack of captured Japanese ammo crates, with one's feet on rocks and elbows on the knees as the only support? (Backpack optional or Trooper Class only)

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/random-b-02_06_12-920-6.jpg

Or am I about to get flailed for giving you evil ideas?