Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2 - Episode 10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding from watching the show and reading some online comments by the cast members, is that the drama revolves around Jamie not being "honest" with what he does as a Navy rescue swimmer. So my question is as follows; to all the individuals that have served or are serving right now in our armed forces, is there animosity between service men/women for not being completely honest with their job duties(or not telling for whatever reason)?

...... Jerry would have run through that course in about 25 seconds.

I thought the same thing about all the top IPSC shooters that have been on the show....

But did you notice....They didn't fare so well

I believe shooting box stock guns play a huge part in this...especially one's that you haven't dial'd in....or never even held

Maybe Jerry could change this....or fall prey like the rest....

Would make for good entertainment either way!

I liked Ashley, right up until this episode. I'm sure some of the comments can be taken out of context to make guys look bad. That is not the case with Ashley or George. There is now way they were manipulated in the editing room to make them look bad.

I can only imagine what kind of stress is created by being on the show. I've listened to some of the interview's Caleb has done, and it sounds pretty rough. At this point, the guys have been in the house for 6 weeks. They have no TV, no computer, no radio, no ipod (that I've seen), very little reading material. They have not been allowed any contact with the outside world. What would normally be an annoying little habit can turn into a huge issue in that kind of situation. I don't think it excuses Ashley's behavior, but it might help explain it.

I thought the same thing about all the top IPSC shooters that have been on the show....

I believe shooting box stock guns play a huge part in this...especially one's that you haven't dial'd in....or never even held

This whole web forum has preached for the last 10+ years that it is the Indian not the arrow, and now just when a show comes along and people from USPSA/IPSC shooting get on there and don't do very well "IT IS BECAUSE IT IS A BOX STOCK GUN AND NOT TUNED".......

If I had the desire to do it I am sure that I could find 100 threads about how this GM or that GM could show up at a match and shoot a Hi-Point or a box stock "fill in the blank" gun and win with it.

Is that still not the case? is it now the Arrow?

(which by the way that has always bothered me, it would be the bow if you think about it, the arrow would be the custom tuned handloaded ammo, the bow would be the custom tuned handgun, and the Indian, well that would be the maladjusted, OCD ridden individual with the trigger finger)

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Seems that in this episode Brian made it very clear that whatever misunderstanding there may have been was not the responsibility of Jaime.

Yeah. I'm glad that part wasn't left on the cutting room floor.

I liked Ashley up until this episode.

Loved that Jamie won and crushed their plans.

I laughed out loud when George kept saying performance based. Is that why Joe went to the elimination last week? I don't remember.

So many comments spring forth from this one:

-Didn't Jamie say in the first show that he was dropped from SEAL training once due to injury and once upon request and that now he was a rescue swimmer? I don't know what the contestants actually see, but I have wondered all season why thy have harped on him so hard.

-Ashley has not been one of the top performers all season. I wasn't shocked to see Joe eliminated him. I sure didn't expect that outburst from Ashley. It appeared to set the other guys back a bit.

-At this point, I would like to see Jamie, Chris, and Joe in the finals and would prefer to see Jamie win it. Chris earned a measure of respect by taking a stand over Ashley's outburst. Joe earns a measure of respect for manning up.

-Performance based? Really? What about the vote before the performance was even measured?

I hate to say it but I have to change my opinion on George. I have gotten to like him. He just reminds me of my little brother too much. My brother is in the Army and full of bravado. He is just the type that has no filter. Having lived with that my whole life I simply can cope with that type personality and push the crap out of the way.

So GO GEORGE

-At this point, I would like to see Jamie, Chris, and Joe in the finals and would prefer to see Jamie win it. Chris earned a measure of respect by taking a stand over Ashley's outburst. Joe earns a measure of respect for manning up.

My thoughts exactly! I was pulling for Ashley until last week, when he voted with the "buddys". And this week reaffirmed that with the outburst.

Go Jaime!

Oh, and to the poster that mentioned the bananas....my girlfriend and I noticed that too! That was a hell of a lot of bananas!

This has been a good episode!:cheers:

Agreed, but did you see the promos for next week? :surprise: Oh yeah, THAT looks like a freakin' riot! :cheers:

That would be a fun stage huh? Sign me up, it looks like only 30-40 feet thats not even a stretch!

A couple of observations

1) Is it me, or are the final episodes turning into a combination of scenarios inspired directly from the Ft. Benning, Larue, the old North American Tactical and MGM Iron Man 3 gun matches? Kind of interesting to weed out all the practical shooters with blowguns, tomahawks, etc. and then have a 3 gun match. I wonder if they had had the 3 gun match scenarios first and then the blowguns, tomahawks, etc. etc, if the results would be different.

2) Would someone please tell those guys not to choke up on the rifle by holding it at the mag well with the support hand. Please, Please, Please, Please. I thought they were top shots?

This whole web forum has preached for the last 10+ years that it is the Indian not the arrow, and now just when a show comes along and people from USPSA/IPSC shooting get on there and don't do very well "IT IS BECAUSE IT IS A BOX STOCK GUN AND NOT TUNED".......

If I had the desire to do it I am sure that I could find 100 threads about how this GM or that GM could show up at a match and shoot a Hi-Point or a box stock "fill in the blank" gun and win with it.

Is that still not the case? is it now the Arrow?

(which by the way that has always bothered me, it would be the bow if you think about it, the arrow would be the custom tuned handloaded ammo, the bow would be the custom tuned handgun, and the Indian, well that would be the maladjusted, OCD ridden individual with the trigger finger)

Second time someone has made this same argument and nobody will touch it with a 10 foot poll. :D

"Our" guys didn't survive...

-throwing a tomahawk, eliminated by a blowgun

-shooting a compound bow, eliminated by shooting a bow

-shooting a snubbie revo, eliminated with a Tommy Gun.

These aren't EXACTLY the skills USPSA shooters are known for. Did you see Tilley shoot the plate rack? Untouchable.

Edited by Seth

"Our" guys didn't survive...

-throwing a tomahawk, eliminated by a blowgun

-shooting a compound bow, eliminated by shooting a bow

-shooting a snubbie revo, eliminated with a Tommy Gun.

These aren't EXACTLY the skills USPSA shooters are known for. Did you see Tilley shoot the plate rack? Untouchable.

Clearly we need to be adding tomahawks, blowguns, bows, snubbies, and thompsons to our matches....

Classifier 11-01 El Presidente Top Shot starting position: facing uprange with a tomahawk in one hand, a loaded blowgun in the other. At start signal, turn and engage T1 with the tomahawk, T2 with the blowgun, then pick the bow up from the table and......

These aren't EXACTLY the skills USPSA shooters are known for.

And therein lies the rub. As good as Athena is, she said herself that she did not have the time before the show started to spend on anything other than practicing with her open gun because of matches she needed to shoot and win.

Ian won last year because he was a fairly good generalist - he did well enough with enough different weapons to keep up with or a bit ahead of the rest throughout.

Edited by Graham Smith

A couple of observations

1) Is it me, or are the final episodes turning into a combination of scenarios inspired directly from the Ft. Benning, Larue, the old North American Tactical and MGM Iron Man 3 gun matches? Kind of interesting to weed out all the practical shooters with blowguns, tomahawks, etc. and then have a 3 gun match. I wonder if they had had the 3 gun match scenarios first and then the blowguns, tomahawks, etc. etc, if the results would be different.

I wonder...does the episode expert get to steer the contest for that week?

My prediction for the elimination challenge next week is Jaime vs George with George being sent home.

Barring one of them winning immunity, it's just math. IIRC, there are 3 Marines, 1 sailor and 1 airman... I'm pretty sure George and Jaime will vote for each other and it is very doubtful that the Marines will vote for each other.

Oh, the drama!