Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First question after shooting a stage?

VegasOPM

There are a group of us that shoot in my club that tend to finish around the same place, but the manner in which we each get there is vastly different. It all boils down to the speed, versus points debate but I've noticed that most shooters have a question for the scorer immediately after they are finished shooting. Either "what was my time?" or "how were my points?". I'm just curious what others of you in the Benoverse do when you have just finished a stage.

As long as I can be relatively sure (or re-assured by the RO) that I had no penalties .... Mikes, No-shoots, major shooting blunders such as an FTE ........ then I know my time and my points will be good enough to score high on that stage.

Long story short - I'll ask "Did I miss anything?" And if the answer is NO, then I'm sitting in tall cotton! ;)

If I have any questions it is usually "I'm missing a mag. Anyone pick it up?" Usually one of the people taping holds it out cause they grabbed it on their way forward to tape.

Otherwise it is generally an expletive under my breath as I see the hard cover hit I did not call, or the 3 scoring hits because I called a miss that was not there.

Oh, and do not get me started on tagging a No Shoot and taking the extra shot to make up the miss only to tag the NS again. :sick:

I don't ask a thing. Stage is done, bullets are shot, can't change one iota of what I did - can't change the time, can't re-do a mike, can't make a C an A, so I move on to the next stage and pretty much forget the one I just shot.

After I finish a stage my first concern is picking up all of my brass (Do you know how expensive .45 Colt brass is these days? :surprise: ). While I am doing that I am listening to hear if I had any misses. If I don't hear any misses called then I wait to sign the scoresheet, where I then see my hits and time.

Im usually just looking for my mags, and absorbing what just happened while I listen to the scoring. That tells my how accurately I was calling my shots. If I hear something out os sync with what I thought I shot, I look the target over and try to digest what I did.

Hello: I say where's lunch lately :roflol: At the last match I shot the worst I have in a very long time. I knew my times were bad but asked anyways out of habit. I am at the stage now I know how much time a stage should take. So when I ask "what's my time" I can see if I am on track for me. Thanks, Eric

Don't have to ask the RO anything. You know if you had a penalty, or should. Those are the ones I go and check myself. Time will be what the time will be. Sign the score sheet to make sure everything is there and roll on to the next stage. When I first started out I wanted to know the time, then I followed the RO for every target, then I would fuss an fume over what I did wrong <_<. I've gotten over that pretty much now though, I only fuss and fume after the match :roflol:

Don't have to ask the RO anything. You know if you had a penalty, or should. Those are the ones I go and check myself. Time will be what the time will be. Sign the score sheet to make sure everything is there and roll on to the next stage. When I first started out I wanted to know the time, then I followed the RO for every target, then I would fuss an fume over what I did wrong <_<. I've gotten over that pretty much now though, I only fuss and fume after the match :roflol:

Are we talking about MAJOR matches, or locals ? Cause I still follow the RO and look at every target at a Major. And I still want to know what the time was on the timer. You wouldn't believe how many RO's get stuff wrong, even though they mean well.

As the mag comes out and goes under my arm - I sometimes say - "Well, that sucked." At which point I'm holding the slide back and looking at the RO (after I already looked at the open hole) - ICHDH - gun goes in the holster and after they state the time - "Let's go assess the damage."

It can actually be good and bad - lately it's been bad.