Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 2011 barrel/dust cover combo do u use for Limited?

Tattoo

Well I am pretty sure I already know this answer and I know its been asked before, but I am just curious what the majority % might be. Hence the Poll. I would appreciate any comments on why u use what combo? I know it is still personal preference, but usually if a majority uses something they do it for a good reason. thanks

T

Edited by Tattoo

Voted for full length dust cover and bull barrel; the extra weight out front seems to help with recoil control. I squadded with two Master class shooters at the L10 Nationals who both used full length dust cover 5" 2011 type guns. One of them was so freaking fast and accurate with it I thought for sure he was a GM (turns out he's an IPSC GM and is now classifed as a USPSA Master after the Nationals). The extra weight of the full length dust cover and bull barrel definitely did not hurt his transitions one bit or slow him down.

Its definitely not the gun keeping me out of A class...

I have both full length dust cover bull barrel Brazo's and a Jim Anglin built limited gun on a short STI dusst cover with bull barrel. The Anglin limited gun has a tungstun guide rod in it.

Anglin Gun wieghs 39.1 oz

Brazo's wieghes 39 oz

Slide on Anglin Gun 13.1

Brazo's weighes 13 oz

I have shot them both back to back, can't tell the difference, video tapped me shooting them can't tell the difference in muzzle rise.

I have compared shooting 165gr rounds in both of them, 170gr black bullets, and 180 grain and can't really tell a difference.

The Anglin gun is a little more accurate, but it is alot newer with less rounds thru it.

I shoot the Anglin more now because I had the grip reduced some and added the new dawson magwell on it and the slide on the Brazo's slide is cracked.

Started shooting the Brazo's first made A class, got the Anglin gun and switched back and forth between the 2 some and made Master.

I have both 5" long DC tri topped w tungsten gr and standard /6".w classic 6" lightened slide and 5" stainless GR/ recoil system. The 5" Slide weighed 12.8 oz. The 6 weighed 10.5 My next gun will be a LDC 5" tri topped w a hybrid sight tracker style barrel. They shoot so sweet. I'm an A shooter (currently stuck in C) :) shooter and don't have great recoil handling skills. The sightracker with tungsten really helps. I love the feel of LDC. My 6" gun is really cool. I just don't shoot it as well. It might be the balance, it may just be to light for me.

I like the sight tracker because the slide is light, but the ribbed barrel keeps the sights stationary for quicker target aquisition, lighter slides use lighter mainsprings & recoil springs which aids in recoil and cycles really fast for a LDC gun.

I have both full length dust cover bull barrel Brazo's and a Jim Anglin built limited gun on a short STI dusst cover with bull barrel. The Anglin limited gun has a tungstun guide rod in it.

Anglin Gun wieghs 39.1 oz

Brazo's wieghes 39 oz

Slide on Anglin Gun 13.1

Brazo's weighes 13 oz

I have shot them both back to back, can't tell the difference, video tapped me shooting them can't tell the difference in muzzle rise.

I have compared shooting 165gr rounds in both of them, 170gr black bullets, and 180 grain and can't really tell a difference.

The Anglin gun is a little more accurate, but it is alot newer with less rounds thru it.

I shoot the Anglin more now because I had the grip reduced some and added the new dawson magwell on it and the slide on the Brazo's slide is cracked.

Started shooting the Brazo's first made A class, got the Anglin gun and switched back and forth between the 2 some and made Master.

Was your Brazos slide the one with the lighening holes on the sides? Where did it crack?

T

Hello: I shoot a para so it is pretty obvious which one I shoot. I think the 5" pistol with the full length dust cover and bull barrel are the best looking pistol and have not seen a 6" with a full length dust cover.:D

I was the first to vote for 6" bushing, short dust cover. My spare is a 5" bull barrel, short dust cover. The long, heave, bull combination feels like a brick to me. Not that I'm a master or better, or lower for that matter. Both of my guns weigh within 1/4 ounce of each other. The 6" feels better, and the longer sight radius is a plus for aging eyes.

I have the following options for limited:

5” bull barrel, long wide dust cover

5” bull barrel, long narrow dust cover with light rail cuts (1st gen STI TAC)

6” bull barrel, Short Narrow dust cover

6” bull barrel, Medium Narrow dust cover with light rail cuts (2nd gen STI TAC)

Out.

2011BLDR

Anybody know what a .40 cal 5" bushing barrel / standard slide weighs for comparision?

My Eagle with bushing barrel and std slide weighs 39.6 oz with an empty 140 mm mag (Dawson basepad), or 38.2 oz with the standard 126 mm STI mag.

Is this what you were looking for?

Anybody know what a .40 cal 5" bushing barrel / standard slide weighs for comparision?

My Eagle with bushing barrel and std slide weighs 39.6 oz with an empty 140 mm mag (Dawson basepad), or 38.2 oz with the standard 126 mm STI mag.

Is this what you were looking for?

Yes, THANKS !

So add a tungsten guide rod for the same weight and feel as bull barrel?

My two options are a 6" Tripp STI that's SDC, 5" recoil system and heavily lightened slide. It weighs 37oz with a steel MSH.

My 5" Tripp STI is a short, wide dust cover, but it has 2 barrels. Ultimatch bushing and AET bull.

It weighs:

35.2 Oz bushing barrel and Krebs magwell

35.5oz bushing barrel and SV magwell (IDPA Legal)

37.6 Oz Bull and dawson ice (+1.5oz with Tungsten guide rod)

Edited by Seth