8 CHUCK A L2983 GM Minor 1451.6792 88.67%

9 BEN T S A54313 GM Minor 1450.5680 88.60%

10 MAX J M TY26022 U Minor 1449.3093 88.52%

Wow, Dave won by 5%.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever someone (relatively) new comes onto the scene, I'm always curious if he had a coach or a teacher. Or did he just hang around Rio Salado absorbing from the shooters there? Or maybe he's completely self taught? Anyone know?

Congrats to Nils.

Congrats to Nils.

The question remains, who is Nils' Mentor???

His Dad.

Is he adopting? :D

Actually, his dad gives pretty good advice and is willing to share. The whole family is nice, even Peter (who nearly broke my trigger finger a few weeks ago...Peter, if you're out there, I will get even ;-)

Whenever someone (relatively) new comes onto the scene, I'm always curious if he had a coach or a teacher. Or did he just hang around Rio Salado absorbing from the shooters there? Or maybe he's completely self taught? Anyone know?

Congrats to Nils.

Congrats to Nils.

Well from the introduction at the awards ceremony, by none other then Robby Leathem, he has been shooting at Rio Salado since he was four. Kind of hard not picking up something considering the talent in that area. I'm sure Robby has provided a helping hand along the way.

MDA

Edited by mda

I just walked in after 10 hours of hotel to airport back to FL. This was the best match I ever shot, the staff was amazing and the stages were the most challenging and technical I have ever seeing. Now, I know what I need to work on, LOL… It does make me think it is not a bad idea to make local matches hard, so you are prepared to deal with anything when going to big matches. This was one of those matches… Out of the two matches my best stages were the Standards. I will post videos later, including the last stages shot by the Super Squad in Limited division.

DVC,

Sandro

i was also squadded with Nils and he was insanely fast. He was even faster than he normally is at our weekend matches at Rio. He's a good kid and he deserves it. He may also be the youngest National Champ ever at 20 years old. I'm glad he is a friend of mine and was very glad to see him win.

I haven't compared everyone's times and points, but as I was perusing the Limited leaders scores I noticed something pretty impressive. Bob Vogel didn't have a single Mike or hit no-shoot the entire 18 stage match. That is insane, especially if you've watched the videos of the stages and have seen how many swingers, drop turners, clap traps, targets obstructed by no-shoots or hard cover, etc there were.

i was also squadded with Nils and he was insanely fast. He was even faster than he normally is at our weekend matches at Rio. He's a good kid and he deserves it. He may also be the youngest National Champ ever at 20 years old. I'm glad he is a friend of mine and was very glad to see him win.

Is he planning/thinking of going to Greece(World Shoot) next year?

Is he planning/thinking of going to Greece(World Shoot) next year?

After winning the USPSA Nationals against Todd and Rob the World shoot would have to be his goal I would think. I would like to see video of him shooting stage 10. 7 sec, is amazing.

That was the best Nationals I have ever shot--stage wise. The crew should be commended. Only thing I didn't like was dodging bullets all match long. It was pure luck that there were no serious injuries, and its only a matter of time before there is one. But with the rock content of their range, I'm not sure there is really anything that can be done about it.

I don't know if dodging is the right description. It sure sounds impressive as they twang over the berms though! A shooter in our squad took one on the noggin, and then hit me in the back, but that kind of thing happens at many large ranges.

Edited by dkemxr