Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cops who can shoot,

kevin c

Dan Ruff - GM

Angelo Spagnoli - GM

Keith Garcia - GM

Tom Rowe - GM

Barry Aoki - (G?)M

and more I shoot with regularly who are on their way up.

Any of them could beat me on a field course shooting weak hand only and with their legs tied together.

Hats off to all of you! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Edited by kevin c

There are plenty around where I shoot. We have a state trooper that's an M and could probably be a GM if he put his mind to that goal. Quite a few B's, some A's, the bulk of them shoot production, and all of them are improving.

Kyle Schmidt's pretty good, kinda ;)

For a 7+ year SWAT Officer in AZ.

A full time agency firearms training officer.

Oh yeah...

And the 2010 Bianchi Cup Production Champion.

Mike Seeklander-GM

Alan Tag GM

Darrion Holiwell-M

Larry Houck-M

Pat Doyle-M+

Mike Lin-M?

Steve Horsman-M

Steve Shroufe-GM

Jason Maples

Andy Butts

And on and on and on.

Working horrible hours, getting sued, going to court,total lack of support from the public.....all that and practicing their butts off.

FY42385

Edited by konkapot

You sure those guys listed above are all actually cops? (I'm not talking about reserve or junior explorer deputies or whatever....I'm talking about real full-time working law enforcement guys.)

Two real full-time Iowa cops who can shoot: Doug Carden and Dwight Stearns.

Mike Seeklander-GM

Alan Tag GM

Darrion Holiwell-M

Larry Houck-M

Pat Doyle-M+

Mike Lin-M?

Steve Horsman-M

Steve Shroufe-GM

Jason Maples

Andy Butts

And on and on and on.

Working horrible hours, getting sued, going to court,total lack of support from the public.....all that and practicing their butts off.

FY42385

Thanks! You forgot someone though......you....GM right?

Today I set up a 4 stage match for the State Police SWAT Team from our part of the state. We had 2 pistol stages and two rifle stages. These officers could shoot, no doubt about it. They ran the stages in a tactically correct fashion. I shot the pistol stages, just made the jump from B to A class. Yes I shot the stages in less than half the time the officers did. However as I pointed out to them, it's a sport for me. I'm not likely to be in a situation where someone is shooting back. These officers were well trained and very professional. I hope that some might give our sport a try.

Glad yours can shoot. We had a police officer who last night fired 5 times at a suspect from 10 yards and missed with all 5 rounds. Kind of scary unless you are one of the bad guys.

Easy to be critical if you've never been on the receiving end of shots fired. Remember what we do for sport is nowhere near as stressful as what they may encounter while working. Personal knowledge, having worn and continue to wear the badge for 36+ years.

I've been playing the games, being in the sport, and wearing the shield the same number of years. Never encountered stress at a match of any level, as when there have been incoming rounds, either when my life and/or the lives of others have been involved.

I know several of the above mentioned LEO's and I'm sure they will express the same sentiment; that the sport and work are to different worlds. I agree that the sport can make you a better shooter for work purposes, it is what you make it. There are many great training issues in competition with much to be learned, then transferred to tactical enviroments. But it is still playing without incoming.

I don't know of any shooter that has not had a miss at some point while at a match...sometimes several in the same match. While no one was trying to kill them or someone else.

Edited by pvhendrix