Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Information

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reading the stage results today and came across quite a few shooters with a time posted but no points or hit factor:

HIT    STAGE    STAGE    COMPETITOR

PTS    TIME  FACTOR    POINTS  PERCENT    # Name

85  0    8.37  0.0000    0.0000    0.00  433 Ganaban, Reynaldo

86  0  12.28  0.0000    0.0000    0.00  422 Holloway, Joe

87  0  10.20  0.0000    0.0000    0.00  663 Cheng Yip, Yan To

Is this incomplete stats or something else?

Thanks,

Ted

they just zero'd the stage.

lynn

There have already been several DQ's. We were talking with the RO on the tunnel stage (24) and he said he has already had to DQ eight shooters on that stage alone. We had one DQ in our squad today on the stage where you have to hand on a rope and shoot around the vision barrier. A shooter from Canada forgot to drop the mag before he showed clear and when he dropped the hammer......

What's the difference in terms of the WS final standings if you shot in Pre-Match vs shooting over the match proper like regular shooters? Is there a difference in standing/awards for those in pre-match vs match proper?

Just curious... I see Blake Miguez shot in Pre-Match and wondering what the effect would be of that...

DVC & Regards,

What's the difference in terms of the WS final standings if you shot in Pre-Match vs shooting over the match proper like regular shooters?  Is there a difference in standing/awards for those in pre-match vs match proper?

Just curious...  I see Blake Miguez shot in Pre-Match and wondering what the effect would be of that...

DVC & Regards,

There is no difference in awarding/standings. The pre-match is part of the regular match. Sometimes trophys are given for the winner(s) of the prematch at a WS to please the sponsors and officials shooting the prematch or trophys for the RO's and helpers competing in the prematch to honour their efforts to make such an event possible.

The topic came up because the prematch-results contained in the published interim results on the official WS website make it somewhat difficult to keep track about the results, cause nobody knows who has shot prematch, who shoots what area/stages, etc...

So, the interim results need a lot of interpretation. Who has the time an the experience might get a better view by comparing stage results.

Georg

After all the discussion, I was wondering, did anyone really not get to shoot for lack of ammo - specially the .38 super people?

What I've heard from a couple of US shooters is that "their" ammo never showed up, but most of them have been able to get Armscor ammo and at least shoot. It may not work in their gun (have particularly heard about "issues" with the rimless-super ammo in Open guns), it may shoot to a different point of aim or be loaded shorter than optimal, but... it goes bang.

B

At least one competitor dropped out due to non-functioning of the Armscore stuff in his 38 SC gun.

Mine works with it, but there´s no way in heck it´ll make major (one shooter with a nearly identical gun only got 1100 fps out of it). Thanks for bringing extras James!

Jake,

On stage 24, it is my understanding that Chris shot the activator popper on the right side in the wrong sequence and in his hurry to get back through the mine shaft he ran past the two close targets that you can see right by the tunnel. Two FTE- four Mike.