Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 4

I am yet to see any real "Feats" of shooting difficulty or skill. Most of the challenges have been pretty generic and very generous in time to complete so far. I understand that they need to come up with shooting challenges that the general public can understand but at least make it a decent challenge for the shooters to separate the skill levels. There is no reason why the "Memory" challenge in this episode couldn't have had the plates set out to 200 yards. Or have the plate rack/box set on a moving platform that exposed it self, moved across the berm and then disappeared. Shooting Challenges like this would separate the good from the bad quickly and actually give the show a chance to find which shooter is actually the "Top Shot".

I don't know how this show is going to turn out, but my money is on Blake winning this thing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Jim's attitude in the challege. Can't remember the exact quote, but something like, it's got sights and a trigger I'm good. None of the challenges have required any great feats of instinctive point shooting or sufficient speed to have to know the guns timing. Put the sights on the target and squeeze the trigger. It ain't that hard.

Spoiler alert, but in episode 5 I punch Colby and take his shoes.

This may or may not be a lie.

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us! :roflol: That's what the spoiler blackout thingie is for ;)

Spoiler alert, but in episode 5 I punch Colby and take his shoes.

This may or may not be a lie.

I believe this to be impossible. I'm visualizing this when I see Colby standing before the camera:

superman.jpg

I've know Adam for 10 years or so. I believe he missed and made up the stupid "dotting the second i" thing to not look so spastic (which he is btw). Anyone can miss, but only Adam can think up a lame lie like that so quickly. I still pick Adam to win.

Really Howard?? Seriously??? As you've known me for 10 years you know that ABOVE ALL I can in fact really shoot, even though I never take my shooting seriously enough.

Kelly shoots a smiley face... Blake shoots a bull while looking away... but suddenly its so unbelievable that I would deliberately shoot off target to dot the "i" in Iain !?!??! Of course that was a deliberate shot off target! NOTE - they don't SCORE us for those nomination targets, and you can shoot anywhere you please, so why not shoot the guy's actual name. I still think it was a funny bit!!

But lest there be any doubt in the age of TiVO and DVR -- Just compare my hit near where the "i" dot should have been, to where I hit high/right from centere bull. Same variance.

And you might also note that three of us put our shots high/right into the same hole when shooting for real at the bullseye. Coincidence?? C'mon now.... :rolleyes:

And you might also note that three of us put our shots high/right into the same hole when shooting for real at the bullseye. Coincidence?? C'mon now.... :rolleyes:

That darn grip angle.....

<sarcasm>They should use a bow and arrow for the nomination range. It'll look more graphic to see arrows sticking out of a target. :-)

</sarcasm>

I can't wait for the darts episode. 

I'm waiting for them to drag out the lawn darts.... Those evil banned things we all used to play with as kids. :goof:

Used to?

...I travel with a set.

Yes, but you think of them as self defense weapons for non-permissive locales, that's not the same thing :)

I'm waiting for them to drag out the lawn darts.... Those evil banned things we all used to play with as kids. :goof:

Used to?

...I travel with a set.

I'm going to have to figure out some tie in for an A5 stage in 2012. :goof:

It looks like no new episode tonight. What gives?

Yeah???

Flyin

Less viewers because of the holidays. They're holding out until they can get the most for their money.

Guess they figured their target audience would be outside blowing s#!t up instead of inside watching the tube. I know I was. (All perfectly legal fireworks, I would never possess illegal fireworks of any type :devil: )

:roflol: