Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The shooting BELLY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? I am well on my way to having a mid sized belly and it does seem to help me control my 9 minor loads. :goof:

In all seriousness, a bigger belly has to hurt in this game because of the mobility factor. Some do it quite well for their size but imagine how well they would do without it. Even they would admit that.

It is a "Tactical Tummy". I have no frame of reference for recoil control, because I have had the Tactical Tummy long before I started shooting :surprise:

However, it does produce a nice angle to the 6 shot shell caddies in 3 gun :ph34r::ph34r:...

OK I will stop experimenting with TACTICAL TUMMY, Im glad benos forum is here to answer this question, I just cant ask people who has big belly in match they might get offended. I was looking on many GM I noticed that lots of them has that tactical belly and they seem to shoot fast and accurate.

I used to teach karate with a guy name J.T. Wills he was huge, and he could be on the other side of the room and could be in your face and beating you down before you could blink. I've never seen anyone move that fast before. His belly weighed more than I did.

...has to hurt in this game because of the mobility factor. Some do it quite well for their size but imagine how well they would do without it. Even they would admit that.

Yup. I've recognized this as something that will hold me back from advancing farther in my shooting. They say admitting it is the first step...

-rvb

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the big belly helps, specially if you lean a bit forward... I am shooting 115 round ball 9mm factory stuff, albeit a light load my hands barely move. I thought I was just getting better with my stance, all along my weight problem, which is getting worse with the years was helping. But notice how the bigger waste line makes my mags fall out.. lmao

Edited by bobtorre

I dont think its the size of your belly, but your core strength. Core tends to lend itself to the more flatter side. A strong core helps with your balance and recoil management as well. Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited because I realized I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Will,

you should never ever be discouraged by a complete lack of knowledge on the subject you chose to post on because you were already planted in front of your computer and felt compelled to make an impact on a discussion that is about as supported by fact and science as an argument involving perceived recoil.

I for one am not so sure the belly and the weight are so much an issue for me. I think that the tendency of slimmer, trimmer competitors to have better endurance and faster, more explosive movement, often makes the difference.

I have noticed that most of the slimmer shooters don't seem to get as exhausted as fast as larger ones in the heat.

But, I am sure, someone will be able to prove just the opposite.

I resemble the tactical tummy and love the ORMM acronym. The reality is I know there is no substitute for experience and since I am newer to the game (don't have the experience) I need to improve my odds elsewhere while I gain the experience i.e. less ORMM - Organic Recoil Mitigation Material. I have added weight training this year and guess I'll just have to use my extra strength for recoil control.

:cheers: