Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Expendables

I liked it. Excellent movie. If you like shooting and guns-its good. Jason Statham truly killer good. FIght scenes with Jet Li, Randy Couture and Steve Austin pretty good. If it comes to FOB near you-get the popcorn and a good seat. Lots of 1911 shooting-foot chest double tap like 5 times. It is what it is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else noticed UFC's Minotauro Nogueira as one of the general's soldiers? Was Dana White one of the producers?

Sly has been making this kind of movies for two centuries and still hasn't learned his pistol grip... :angry2: but he definitely has the reloads DOWN! <_< He looked as if in pain while running...

Nice 1911s. What was Terry Crews' the shotgun? Was their plane an Albatross? Cool bird!

Mindless shoot'em up but fun to watch, and YES IT WAS LOUD!

Did anybody else noticed UFC's Minotauro Nogueira as one of the general's soldiers? Was Dana White one of the producers?

Sly has been making this kind of movies for two centuries and still hasn't learned his pistol grip... :angry2: but he definitely has the reloads DOWN! <_< He looked as if in pain while running...

Nice 1911s. What was Terry Crews' the shotgun? Was their plane an Albatross? Cool bird!

Mindless shoot'em up but fun to watch, and YES IT WAS LOUD!

The shotgun looked like one of those AA-12 automatic shotguns. I think the AA is for Atchisson Assault or Auto Assault. The show Future Weapons did a piece on these once and they really do make those little missile-like exploding shells for them too. They are awesome to say the least.

It was mildly entertaining and worth a matinee with a senior discount. I'm glad I didn't pay full fare for it.

Why is is that so many of these so-called action heroes can't learn to grip a pistol properly? I would love to see one of these guys at a real shooting match.

I thought it was great. I figured it would either be an awesome action flick, or either so bad it's hilarious. After the first scene with the NVG's on the ship I expected the latter, but it actually ended up being pretty good. Statham's scenes were great. Jet Li had a good fight scene and was funny. Cheeseburger Eddy was pretty hilarious in this movie as well. Some of the effects were very cheesy (especially at the end). Other than that it was great IMO.

Edited by Wik

Is it just me or have we completely worn out the role of folks from South America as the bad guys? At least in the James Bond films, they spread the national origin of the villian around.

With the Taliban around, could they not have been the bad guys? What about Indians? I have never seen a flick with Indians wearing the black hats. And then there are Canadians. There has to be bad Canadians or they would not have any prisons there but has anyone ever seen a film with a bad guy Canadian?

Disappointing to say the least. A few good moments, lots of sensless scenes, poor firearms effects... But they still got me to see it!

My feelings exactly,

Jason stathom was my favorite character. I expected more from the rest.

Charles you are right on, south american bad guys are severely worn out. I just found myself never getting into this movie.

• 2 weeks later...

thought it was great. very 'over the top'

you know what really put a smile on my face was sylvester stalone with the pistol skills, a scene where he does a couple speed reloads and then all of the hammer fanning revolver blasting he was doing. very fun to watch.

• 2 months later...

Got it from the Red Box last night, glad I didn't pay more than $1. :yawn:

I watched it bootleg via internet. My thoughts are this:

Jet Li was a complaining little boy

Dolph was a drug abuser/killer who told Stallone the whole plan after being shot in the shoulder.

Crews has the explosive round shooting & 1,000 round capacity AA-12. Notice he blew up two towers by shooting them? Exploded like C4

Stallone can reload a 1911 faster than Travis Thomasie, Rob Leatham, and Jerry Miculek combined.

Stallone is the only person in the world who would carry a single action revolver into combat.

Bruce Willis and Arnold make a appearance for about 2 minutes = lame

Movie was a complete waste of money for all the big names in it. I hope Stallone never trys to do another movie production again.

Stallone did have a pretty cool truck in the movie. I thought Mickey Rourke played...well himself. A old has been tattoo artist who rides motorcycles and dates whores. Classic Rourke.

My buddy drug it up on Pay for View after the turkey..... About 20 people started the movie and 3 finished it.

Watching this movie was kinda like hearing an inside joke. Just did not make it as a stand alone movie... Unless you had seen all of these guys previously in "real" movies it would be a near total waste...

Even the fight scene, with Jason S on the basketball court, was cut to show a series of choppy moves rather than a "real" choreographed fight scene.

Low budget and yawn.gif

I finally broke down and rented it over the holiday weekend. Though I knew what I was getting into after reading this thread, I figured I'd roll with it anyway. I am with the majority here that it was a decent action flick, with some disappointment from the huge named stars of the past few decades.

The one thing that did come to mind was thinking about the bulk quantities of bengay they must have had on hand for those guys... :lol: