Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Forum?

Flexmoney

I am guessing that there will be much preaching to the choir here. Leave it at the door. I don't think about that stuff at a match and I would rather not be constantly reminded about it here!

Later,

Chuck

NO!

That would only take away time that the already busy moderating staff has to address shooting related topics. You don't need to be all things to all people. The moderating team and this forum in general is already the best source of competitive shooting information and exchange. Adding political discussions would only detract from that.

I am guessing that there will be much preaching to the choir here. Leave it at the door. I don't think about that stuff at a match and I would rather not be constantly reminded about it here!

Later,

Chuck

Damn it. Got me! :devil: What is today's date?

Plenty of other forums to express your opinions on politics on. Keep it out of here. This forum is more about shooting & respecting or at least tolerating others. That changes when you allow major political discussions in. Respect for others seems to go out the window. It will add a major work load to the mods if you do allow it. Think about the hate forum multiplied by 10.

Just my opinion!

MLM

Absolutely not. There are far too many sites that offer all the politics and religion you can eat, 24/7. It's great to have a place where we can leave that at the door and just concentrate on "not concentrating" on the shooting.

Mac

Later,

Chuck

Damn it. Got me! :devil: What is today's date?

:roflol::cheers:

I don't know if this is an April Fools day post or not, but I'm treating it as "not".

There are a bazzilon places to air and discuss politics. Let's leave this one 'politics free'. Same thing for religion. Same thing for social issues. :sight:

To paraphrase Dr. McCoy: "Dammit Jim, it's a shooting forum, not a politics forum!" :P:P:P

This is only an April Fool's prank so... :lol:

The fact that politics is not discussed here tends to keep things far more civil than some other places - but then, part of that is just due to the way things are run and the ground rules of the forum, too. I can say that I know of a few folks who used to be active forum members that left, in the end, because of the anti-politics policy. If, at some future, non-April-Fool's-Day point, serious consideration is given to this, my opinion would be to confine it to a sub-forum only...

Overall politics is probably best left at the door. Sadly Politics is a part of our lives. It affects us and our sport. It would be wonderful if we could include the appropriate references to the particular politician or regulatory agency. Unfortunately we often go beyond that and the generalizations begin and we get way off topic. So while I'd like to see a place to discuss the politics of gun control, administration of the various organizations it is probably best left to other places.

There could be perhaps a forum for political humor? nope, there is just too much there that just isn't funny no matter how one couches it.

I think we should start a politics forum.

Let me start by asking....what do you guys all think of Obama's healthcare reform and the United Nations plan for a worldwide weapons ban?

Of course, I'm assuming it's ok to discuss politics now?