Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not sure if this is exactly the right place, but I know you 3-Gunners would want to know.

Eddie Rhodes had a heart attack while jogging this morning (March 15, 2010) and died.

We don't have any more information or funeral/services information, but will let you know when we do.

Thought maybe we could write our memories here for Vicki to look back on, and for us to remember.

I remember, the first time I really worked with Eddie, I was ROing a stage at the cop match in Pueblo that he helped set up, and we were using his squad car to shoot a shotgun over the hood...windshield was ruined. Major whoops! He just laughed about it. Made me kind of laugh, too!

And then there are the shirts the Wongs made for him for last year's RM3G. "What would Eddie do?" and "9mm makes you weak."

Lizard reminded us: "The untimely passing of Eddie Rhodes is truly sad especially to the shooters from Pueblo who knew him.

Eddie was a Grand Master IPSC/USPSA shooter and an excellent tactical 3 gun shooter. He was very good with a handgun (I watched him practice shooting the plate rack at 35 yards..strong hand); very serious about shooting the rifle and truly amazing with a shotgun.

We are diminished."

Thank-you Eddie for being our friend! We thought you were way too ornery to die! But, you taught both of us so much!

So sorry to have to share this news with you!

Denise and JJ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie was one of the shooters I strove to emulate. I am very saddened to hear of his death. He wsa truly not only an outstanding shooter and a great cop, but a good human being as well.

He will be missed greatly.

GDW

Vickie we are shocked to get this sad news.

We are so sorry for your loss.

There were so many good time over the years.

Being with you guys at the matches was as much fun as the shooting itself!

All of us here in Louisiana will always have a special place in our hearts for the both of you.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers,

Tommy, Joe and Jason Wong and your Louisiana Family

Edited by Dragon

I've known Eddie Rhodes since shooting my first 3-Gun match in 2004. He was amazing to watch and learn from. I finally had the pleasure of getting to know him better after shooting with him and Vicky at the SMM3G last year. What a great guy and a great couple to be around with. Even though we were competiting in the same division, he helped me with my strategy and gave me good advice.

Eddie will always be remembered as a good man and a Heavy Metal Legend. I will also remember him as my brother in blue.

Eddie taught me so much about shooting He-Man. He was "the man"

Always had a smile on his face and a little chuckle in his voice everytime I saw him. He truely loved to shoot.

Rest in peace my friend.

By NICK BONHAM

THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN

Crime Beat March 14 2010

DOWNTOWN

"A police captain subdued a knife-wielding bar patron early Saturday with his Taser, according to an affidavit.

Christopher Robert Valdez, 33, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault and menacing.

The incident happened at 1:33 a.m. at Zippers, 326 S. Union Ave., according to an affidavit by officer Ron Oreskovich.

Capt. Eddie Rhodes, watch commander of the police department's graveyard shift, arrested Valdez after shocking him with his Taser.

Bouncers removed Valdez from the bar after he reportedly assaulted another patron. Outside the bar, Valdez reportedly brandished a knife at one of the bouncers.

Rhodes was standing outside the bar talking to someone who saw the incident unfold, the affidavit said.

"Rhodes said there was no doubt Valdez intended to stab (the bouncer)," the affidavit said. "Valdez completely ignored Rhodes, turned back toward (the bouncer) and continued toward him, holding the knife in a manner which showed Valdez's intent to use it. Rhodes then deployed his Taser to stop Valdez's attack."

Valdez, of the 3400 block of Baltimore Avenue, was being held in Pueblo County jail without bail pending advisement in court."

A man's man.

A great American.

A good friend.

I am deeply saddened.

Patrick

I met Eddie at the Johnson 3 gun match. He didn't know me from Adam but took the time to talk to me about how to run a certain stage. He always seemed to have a grin on his face and never hesitated to tell me I was shooting too small a caliber. Even with my short exposure to him, I can say he was a hell of a good guy. Maybe instead of He-Man, it should be the Eddie division.

Shocked, saddened by this. This guy was the He-Man of 3 gun, and someone I call friend.

I'll never forget the way he would like to start a stage.....it wasn't "are you ready".....it was "PREPARE FOR GLORY", which I used as an RO at the Tri-Gun. I doubt I could ever use that again.

Vicki, my prayers go out for you....people that knew him, are better for knowing him.

Tim

you will be missed greatly Mr. Eddie and never forgotten.... I always looked forward to seeing him and Ms. Vicky at the matches. Here's a little clip that we filmed when we wore our "What Would Eddie Do?" t-shirts

RIP Mr. Eddie...

Edited by JPshootah

you will be missed greatly Mr. Eddie and never forgotten.... I always looked forward to seeing him and Ms. Vicky at the matches. Here's a little clip that we filmed when we wore our "What Would Eddie Do?" t-shirts

RIP Mr. Eddie...

That is an excellent video..thanks for sharing..

those T-shirts are great, anymore of those around?

Edited by eerw

Here is a picture of our squad at Blue Ridge last year after we finished our last stage. It was an honor for Michael and I to be able to shoot with Eddie and Vickie.

Vickie - our prayers go out to you and family.

It would be great if those shirts could be bought at the upcoming Blue Ridge - they would sell like hotcakes!!!!!

post-9899-12687782132_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheryl

What can you even say? I have no words that express how I feel.

Our sincere condolences to Vicki and the rest of Eddie's family

Edited by Don_B

I met Eddie and Vicki at my first 3-gun nationals in Shreveport, LA in 1997 where I had the pleasure of squadding and shooting with them. At the time, I'd never known anything but open class and was amazed that someone could thumb load a shotgun and shoot a rifle with irons sights as well as Eddie.

It was always nice to catch up and visit with Eddie at 3-gun matches around the country each year. The shooting community has lost a tremendous competitor and a great man. Prayers and sincerest condolences to Vickie and Eddie's family.

David