Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sit MPX trigger?

Right now I am running a 24C. Taran Butler is also apparent running a Hiperfire. I think he is using the 3 Gun model. 

I asked Hiperfire about whether their triggers are compatible. They said they hadn't done formal testing but they think that the extra spring setup might function similar to the factory trigger bridge that SIG uses on the stock trigger. 

I should add that about 150 rounds into my first range session my trigger started burst firing. Turns out that the hammer pin was walking out. Replaced the pins with some KNS and it's been good so far. 

Another vote here for the Geissele SSA-E. I've tried the CMC triggers as well as the hiperfire. I liked the hiperfire, just don't know what the reliability is like on them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, fishhunter3 said:

I put a elf 3 gun in my MPX have about 900  rounds thru it with no problems, 3 people used it in its first match,

I have heard very good things about the Elf.  I have an extra SSA-E I could try as well.  Never seen a hiperfire?  I will check it out

T

• 4 months later...
On 10/6/2016 at 5:53 PM, gose said:

Elf 3gun triggers in both my carbine and pistol.

It's a great trigger and they have stated they fully support use of their triggers in MPXs too. Good enough for me :)

I have see one Elfmann hammer so far that broke at in an MPX at the 3 Gun Nation Regionals. 

Eesh that's not good. I'm using an Elf and the MPX does beat the heck out of the hammer. But when I look at the stock sig hammer it looks the same so I wasn't worried. Now I have to think about carrying an extra trigger in the back up parts kit... 

The MPX is really hard on any trigger you put in it. I wouldn't be surprised to see more stories of failure in the future until MPX specific triggers start coming out. 

On 2/15/2017 at 6:47 PM, alma said:

I have see one Elfmann hammer so far that broke at in an MPX at the 3 Gun Nation Regionals. 

Yep...that was a fellow Ohio shooter whom I well know.  Same thing happened to me with my Elf 3-Gun.  The skeletonized hammer seems to be the culprit.  I had it replaced with their match trigger which is the same as their 3-Gun model, but has a solid hammer.  Elfman indicated they've seen several of the 3 Gun models have broken hammers due to a heat treat issue.  There were very easy to work with on the replacement.  

I've got a Geissele SSA-E in mine and run it through a few paces.  Hundreds of rounds, several cleanings, and a couple full competitions.  Seems to be holding up just fine.  I will counter that with I'm a Geissele fan though.  Both of my ARs have their trigger as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...