Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone put one of these in and gotten less than accurate results?

I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference, but I think that's because my personal skill level is maxed out around 2.5-3" 10 shot groups at 25yds. Other shooters have proven to me that my gun is capable of better, both before and after the bushing.

Installed mine in 5 minutes. I followed the directions on Cajun's web site and placed the bushing in the freezer. Here is an after install pic.

bdc13eeaabb51c8c1d98fc13bbf84b1a.jpg

This is a 5 shot group at 25 yards, the orange pasters are 3/4 inch. So I put this at 1.5 inch groups at 25. Ammo is a 125 grain BBI over 3.7 grains of titegroup with a OAL of 1.10.

My best group with the stock bushing was about a 2.5 inch group.

I vote worth it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Mine shot a little bit tighter, but I think I had a pretty good factory bushing. My biggest issue was it shot 4" higher at 25 yards and I would have had to buy a new front sight. I took the 10x out and put the factory bushing back in and back to dead on at 25 yards. I good part, I just didn't need it.

Inner diameter of each part

Factory bushing .554

Cajun 10x .552

Edited by zen_grasshopper

Here is a TECHNICAL question for you gentlemen. Background is that I am trying to tailor my CZ TS and CZ SP-01 Shadow for 3 gun. I put the 10x bushings in both. I am not sure but it does seem like the groups tightened, however both pistols impact shifted left about 3.5" at 10 yards! Nice groups, just left of poa. I have the adjustable rear on my TS and that remedied it very quickly, so I ordered a Shadow adjustable rear to install as well.

My question is,... Does this indicate a problem or that I have done something incorrectly and if so how should I remedy it? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Edit: both are 9mm

Find anything out on this bushing changing the POI. Mine seems to have changed to the left about 2.5" also with install of this bushing. I just moved the rear sight quite a bit over to the right to compensate for the different POI

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a TECHNICAL question for you gentlemen. Background is that I am trying to tailor my CZ TS and CZ SP-01 Shadow for 3 gun. I put the 10x bushings in both. I am not sure but it does seem like the groups tightened, however both pistols impact shifted left about 3.5" at 10 yards! Nice groups, just left of poa. I have the adjustable rear on my TS and that remedied it very quickly, so I ordered a Shadow adjustable rear to install as well.

My question is,... Does this indicate a problem or that I have done something incorrectly and if so how should I remedy it? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Find anything out on this bushing changing the POI. Mine seems to have changed to the left about 2.5" also with install of this bushing. I just moved the rear sight quite a bit over to the right to compensate for the different POI

I noticed mine is hitting slightly more left now as well. Not sure that it was worth the money.

I called CGW about my barrel. It was explained to me that the tolerance is now tighter and it can change the point of impact slightly. I now have my sights adjusted and the gun is way more accurate than I am.

My factory bushing was not good, so my POI shifted some when I put the 10x bushing in a slide that I couldn't really shoot because every other pistol I had was better. After the bushing swap, I re-zeroed the gun and have been happy since.

I would expect a zero shift proportional to how bad the factory bushing was. No shift, perhaps you had a pretty good one to begin with, or at least it was concentric.

Joe

I had a similar experience with my SPO1 Shadow Custom, low left POI 7Oclock 3 inches. Then i measured both Bushing ID and they were the same. So i took it out and replace it with the stock one. My SP-01 tactical i replace was different and i did get an improvement with the bushing. I guess it depends on the gun source parts.

Thanks

I noticed mine is hitting slightly more left now as well. Not sure that it was worth the money.

After adjusting my rear sight ten thousandths to the righti am pleasantly happy the the bushing in my Cajuanized SP-01. After shooting off a sand bag to ensure accuracy I went for some off hand shots. The top holes were 5 shots at 10 yards, the bottom set is 5 shots from 15 yards.

image_zps5s0iqnji.jpeg

Edited by Peplow530

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I received mine and installed it. It was a real PITA to get the factory one out but some souther lovin got it. The new one kinda slipped right in. It is a hair tighter than the original one. To me though the Cajun one seems like it will not wear as long as the factory one. It almost feels like it is made of aluminum but sticks to a magnet. My gun seems equally as accurate before and after.

Edited by kells81

Mine popped out pretty easily with a 1/4" drive socket (7/16, I think), and the new one slid right in after a night in the freezer. Made a definite difference in barrel axial play in one gun. The other one had minimal play, so I didn't replace it. No change in POI, improvement in group size (and my confidence in the gun).

Yes, it's steel. Did you weigh the two to see if there is actually any difference? Can't imagine how the 10x would be significantly lighter, as it basically fills the same space as the original.

Edited by teros135

• 2 weeks later...

I have consistently shot under 2" at 50 yards from a wrist rest with a 75B 9mm slide that was only good for 4-6" before the CGW bushing. Here is a group from last week. I changed the zero on the red dot after this.

Joe

57270940-M.jpg

First I'd like to thank CGW for running a great business. Me being the idiot that I am, I ordered the wrong bushing. They replaced it free of charge with no problem. I tried to pay the shipping and they sent the money back. Now that's customer service! :cheers:

Now to the results...the extra accuracy was remarkable. As others have said, my first shots were off to the left. After adjusting the sights, I was able to shoot this group at 50Ft. I'm now confident that I can do better if I shoot the Shadow using a rest. Before the bushing, rest or no rest, the groups were wide. CZ Custom wanted $300 to put an accu bushing on the gun, but I can't see it being that much better than the 10X. It also would make the gun illegal for production. I still don't understand this rule. What the heck is the difference if I buy the gun from CZ custom with the accu bushing, or I send it to them to put the bushing on? No one would know, but since I would know it's illegal, that's a no go. It's a moot point anyway now because I'm so happy with the CGW bushing. post-22108-0-84815900-1470149700_thumb.j

First I'd like to thank CGW for running a great business. Me being the idiot that I am, I ordered the wrong bushing. They replaced it free of charge with no problem. I tried to pay the shipping and they sent the money back. Now that's customer service! :cheers:

Now to the results...the extra accuracy was remarkable. As others have said, my first shots were off to the left. After adjusting the sights, I was able to shoot this group at 50Ft. I'm now confident that I can do better if I shoot the Shadow using a rest. Before the bushing, rest or no rest, the groups were wide. CZ Custom wanted $300 to put an accu bushing on the gun, but I can't see it being that much better than the 10X. It also would make the gun illegal for production. I still don't understand this rule. What the heck is the difference if I buy the gun from CZ custom with the accu bushing, or I send it to them to put the bushing on? No one would know, but since I would know it's illegal, that's a no go. It's a moot point anyway now because I'm so happy with the CGW bushing. attachicon.giftarget1.jpg

I think someone over at CZ Firearms did a comparison of the Accu Bushing and 10X bushing, and they perform about the same. Or at least they measured the same.

David definitely has amazing customer service which is why I'll be sticking with CZ.

Even one of my High Master Prone shooter friends fired my CZ TS with bushing and he said "holy cra* that is really accurate I may have to shoot my pistols again".

I'm very pleased with both bushings I purchased for my TS & Sp01 Target2.

Unfortunately an addicting hobby!!!

David at CGW definitely has amazing customer service!

Edited by Rinoray53