Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

When I removed my bushing (for a completely unrelated project to this post), I used a hex bolt socket that was large enough to not go through the bushing, but large enough to fit down the slide, a punch down the middle of the socket, and hammered it out.

Took a bit of hammering, but it came out just fine.

Bushing Removal:

Ok I think I get the above idea; insert a socket that will grab a bit of the edges of the OEM bushing and hammer it out. Problem is that bushing is almost flush with the slide. I cannot get anything that will fit without slipping. Any suggestions?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one and haven't installed it yet. I was planning on removing the front sight pin, then using a tapered wooden dowel from the inside, push through toward the muzzle until it made contact, then tapping it out.

And as stated previously, it doesn't matter how much, to what degree it is different from the stock bushing. It is an externally visible aftermarket part. And as such, if it is not specifically authorized, it's illegal for production.

When I removed my bushing (for a completely unrelated project to this post), I used a hex bolt socket that was large enough to not go through the bushing, but large enough to fit down the slide, a punch down the middle of the socket, and hammered it out.

Took a bit of hammering, but it came out just fine.

Bushing Removal:

Ok I think I get the above idea; insert a socket that will grab a bit of the edges of the OEM bushing and hammer it out. Problem is that bushing is almost flush with the slide. I cannot get anything that will fit without slipping. Any suggestions?

I did something like what is shown in this post:

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/cgw-10x-bushing-for-sp-01.213174/#post-1958015

I used a heavy, 36mm socket instead of the stack of washers but I couldn't get the slide hammer to work. I tried heating the slide a number of times with a heat gun to break any corrosion and locktite. However, I ended up putting the rod in a vice perpendicular to the jaws with the socket above the jaws and the slide below. Then I hit the dust cover with a rubber mallet to get the old bushing moving. Crude but it worked and nothing got marred up.

After the front sight pin was removed on my TS40 slide, just secured the slide a padded vise, used my tape wrapped socket with small extension and large brass drift with 1lb hammer and when all lined up behind the bushing, struck it three times and it was out.

I had my slide with bushing facing down toward carpet so when it came out it landed on the carpet directly below. I can shoot you a pic of my removed factory bushing if it would assist you.

Edited by Rinoray53

After the front sight pin was removed on my TS40 slide, just secured the slide a padded vise, used my tape wrapped socket with small extension and large brass drift with 1lb hammer and when all lined up behind the bushing, struck it three times and it was out.

I had my slide with bushing facing down toward carpet so when it came out it landed on the carpet directly below. I can shoot you a pic of my removed factory bushing if it would assist you.

Yes, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Not sure exactly what your looking for, however, here's 4 different shots of my Factory TS 40 slide bushing.

There was not much a lip to drive against and why I had to add electricians tape to my socket so it would contact the inside diameter of the bushing,

post-62153-0-11679000-1458614864_thumb.j

post-62153-0-14910500-1458614877_thumb.j

post-62153-0-36040400-1458614890_thumb.j

post-62153-0-90390600-1458614903_thumb.j

Edited by Rinoray53

Earlier I posted the exact question I asked of DNROI (as to the legality of the barrel bushing).

Here's the response I got from Troy just a few minutes ago:

Troy McManus <xxxxxxxxx>
4:00 PM (1 minute ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
I took a look at it on the web page. I don't see this as an external modification, and it would be legal if it simply replaces the OFM part, and the gun had a bushing to begin with.

Troy
Edited by cpa5oh