Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a 3-gun match Trey...and a social event, industry junket, celebrity gathering, exteme heat survival class. fashion show, monster truck rally, beer/wine tasting, burbon tasting, spitting contest, best tactical beard Pageant... .and on the right night a frog gigging outing.

Quiz: Do we have to bring ammo (What kind?) for the side matches? Or is everything provided.

Oh, btw, The Super 8 is clean, but only cheaper during the off season. The Sleep Inn was only a couple $$ more.

The Quality Inn is good also.

I have never found a Days Inn I liked, won't stay at them anymore.

Just looked through the stages. Planning to bring 200 rounds of each rifle, pistol, shotgun ammo for the amateur match. This looks to be about double of what is need for the match. Does this seem like an adequate amount?

Depends on how good of a shot you are.

Or how bad.

:)

Just looked through the stages. Planning to bring 200 rounds of each rifle, pistol, shotgun ammo for the amateur match. This looks to be about double of what is need for the match. Does this seem like an adequate amount?

Depends on how good of a shot you are.

Or how bad.

:)

Ain't that the truth... I'll plan to bring some more 9mm then :roflol:

Gary...clarification needed on Pro Stage 6...stage brief states... "the door bolt must be cut and fall from doorway by shot only"

Does this mean bird shot or buck shot? Or either?

Either is fine to engage the lath.

It is a 3-gun match Trey...and a social event, industry junket, celebrity gathering, exteme heat survival class. fashion show, monster truck rally, beer/wine tasting, burbon tasting, spitting contest, best tactical beard Pageant... .and on the right night a frog gigging outing.

Let me know when the frog gigging is going to happen, I'm in!

Any info as to which stages the various squads will be starting on? Will be there late Thursday and would like to review those stages if time allows. Thanks

Here is the most recent update sent to competitors:

A number of shooters have been sending questions about the round count & schedules:

From Match Director Gary Welborn:

Figure on approximately 100 rounds each gun. The breakdown per gun will vary depending on which options you choose. There are 220 plates in the combined totals for both matches. If you are shooting Pro, plan for 3 buckshot, 3 slugs, and a stage requiring a rifle sling.

Stage designs:

http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmStages.html

To see the general schedule for the match:

http://www.lchico5u.com/schedule.pdf

To see the squad schedule for the match:

Amateur Match: http://www.lchico5u.com/AMsquads.pdf

Pro Match: http://www.lchico5u.com/PROsquads.pdf

Sorry all these are on my personal website, but I do not have access to post anything on the Rockcastle website.

Linda Chico

Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Statistician

Am squad 4 your with me on stage 4 .............................. 7.30am :surprise:

I'm aiming to be ready to take your shoot order if you have a squad mom at 7.15am !

Get those shotguns ready to heat up :cheers:

Good luck to all the competitors & range crew.

Am squad 4 your with me on stage 4 .............................. 7.30am :surprise:

I'm aiming to be ready to take your shoot order if you have a squad mom at 7.15am !

How did you know you are working on Stage 4? Did I miss an email from the boss?

Am 5 with me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Any RO's working a "distance stage " with flashers , ect see me at the brief Thursday night if you need binoculars - those nice people over at VORTEX have provided some quality glass to use.

Edited by gunfighteruk

Am 5 with me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OK - got the email last night too.

Okay, I am sincerely hoping I didn't just mess up. I went on to my personal match management link as provided by the boss, and I saw that I was on AM squad 6. Which appeared to be a perfectly functional squad, however there were a couple of guys that I knew on a different Squad, AM squad 1. So after a few microseconds of deep and thoughtful deliberation I clicked the button to change my squad. Because the page looked like I could do so, and sure enough it allowed me to click and confirm my new choice of squad, AM squad 1. Except now my personal page is now showing me as being in both squads. So I hope I wasn't being too clever for my own good. Now it's possible that it's just weird because I'm trying to do this on my phone, but if someone else could look at AM squad one and AM squad 6 and let me know if I actually successfully moved, that would be awesome. ( or of course if somebody wanted to chime in and tell me that I was being dumb or it was too late and I shouldn't have done that or whatever.... I will take my chastisement like a man) :-)

Am squad 4 your with me on stage 4

I'm working stage 4 with you!! Edited by kevinm

Okay, I am sincerely hoping I didn't just mess up. I went on to my personal match management link as provided by the boss, and I saw that I was on AM squad 6. Which appeared to be a perfectly functional squad, however there were a couple of guys that I knew on a different Squad, AM squad 1. So after a few microseconds of deep and thoughtful deliberation I clicked the button to change my squad. Because the page looked like I could do so, and sure enough it allowed me to click and confirm my new choice of squad, AM squad 1. Except now my personal page is now showing me as being in both squads. So I hope I wasn't being too clever for my own good. Now it's possible that it's just weird because I'm trying to do this on my phone, but if someone else could look at AM squad one and AM squad 6 and let me know if I actually successfully moved, that would be awesome. ( or of course if somebody wanted to chime in and tell me that I was being dumb or it was too late and I shouldn't have done that or whatever.... I will take my chastisement like a man) :-)

Barry - look closely at the list for squad 6 again. There is a shooter with the same last name as yours, but his first name is Brian. You are on squad 1 where you moved yourself. The system will not let you squad in two different places at once.

Edited by LChico

Having shot many matches in the days before this interweb thingy....you shot every match pretty much blind. About all you knew was the round count was going to be around XYZ rounds from the information provided on the application that you would mail to the match director, who would figure out squads by hand, tabulate scores by hand, mail out results by hand. Now it seems folks are all groused up that they cannot have all the information delivered to their latest smart phone...gawd how I miss the days of old.

Linda and Gary have done a good job passing out information as they have gotten it. From what I have seen it was way better than information passed out for other major three gun events and no one seems to be complaining about how they are run and information disseminated. Thanks Linda and Gary for all the work, look forward to seeing you there this week.

For all of those who want to say how easy and quick whipping up a website and keeping all the information current is....by all means volunteer your time and efforts to get a more better site running.

Thank you for the responses about my squadding, I made the mistake of accepting the win10 upgrade on my laptop, now the only reliable internet I have is on my phone, at the moment. I swear it was showing me in two places this morning - but like I said, that was just on my phone. I accept my chastisement for being dumb.

Sorry for the confusion, please don't anyone take anything I have had to say as criticism, I think Gary and Linda and the mob of other people that are putting this match on are doing a wonderful job, and I have said as much a couple of pages ago.

I too have been going to 3 gun matches since they were called Soldier of Fortune matches and everything was completely analog. Back then there were no classes, no free float rails, precious little in the way of hi-cap anything, and if you wanted an optic on your AR-15 you had to buy a carry handle mount. If you wanted to shoot .308, you choices were a FAL, a HK or a M1A, and the HK was the only one with a decent option for optics. I remember looking at ads for matches in the back of Shotgun News. I think what we have now is better, even if there is the odd bit of confusion now and again.

Edited by barrysuperhawk