Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any changes in how the amateur prize table will be handled? I know some different ideas were tossed around through this thread. Like post the list prior to or number given at registration. Only reason I ask is that I finish up pretty early and am trying to figure out if I should just head out and let someone walk the table for me, or stick around. It would be nice to know in advance where I was in the draw.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday. Safe Travels.

Were there any changes in how the amateur prize table will be handled? I know some different ideas were tossed around through this thread. Like post the list prior to or number given at registration. Only reason I ask is that I finish up pretty early and am trying to figure out if I should just head out and let someone walk the table for me, or stick around. It would be nice to know in advance where I was in the draw.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday. Safe Travels.

I will be able to print the "random list" at the end of the match. You will be able to see the order.

Linda Chico

The list after the match will be nice then you have an idea where your at and what range you should be in on the table. It also lets you have an idea of its worth sticking around for a few hours to grab something or if your better off just heading out early

As long as the beer is still cold, I will donate my services to pull Amateur prizes for those who don't want to stay and enjoy the festivities.

I cannot guarantee, however, the accuracy or timeliness of my prize pulling abilities.

I know it's really hard to believe, but there is a brand new shiny match website that has just taken the place of the old one. Please, hold your applause, it's the least that we could do!!!!

Sorry it took so long, but here are some things you need to know. This site will be updated daily with pictures of the match, scores, etc. This site will be active ALL YEAR LONG, with new match announcments coming as soon as this one has ended.

Like a brand new title sponsor for 2016, and we know you are going to love it!

So for now, you can go to www.rock3gun.com and surf the sponosrs (many links being updated every few minutes) look at the stages, download PDFs, and download and print a Match Book if you want. The matchbooks are only available electronically........unless you are still in the dark ages like we were ten minutes ago......then we can print you one up at the Rock on registration day.

There is a mobile version of the site as well, so it works well on the igadgets. We are still editing that one a bit, but we have used it personally and it is funtioning well. Enjoy, Click, Print, See you ina few days.

Also, for those of you with questions about the Amateur Prize Table. We are still debating on posting a draw order early or not. Some believe that it is not fair to the sponsors. By saying that will help you decide whether to stick around to get the goods your sponsors donated to the prize table......may not be the message we all want to send to them. One thing is for sure, that there will be aan Am prize table on Saturday evening, full of lots of generously donated prizes. If you have to stick around an hour or so longer, go to the sponsor booths and say thank you. Or go have a beer from one of 5 kegs per night donated by 5.11 Tactical's Shooter Hospitality Trailer, have some great food, and kick it with your shooting buddies!

Remember to check your rifle ammo with a magnet. If a magnet sticks to you rifle bullet it is a match DQ. Some of the FMJ Bullets have a bi-medal jacket but look the same as non-medal bullets. The ROs on the stages with rifle steel will have magnets. If you want to chek your bullets before the match look me up and I'll check them.

The Pro shooters will need a sling, 3 slugs and 3 buckshot. See you at the Rock.

As long as the beer is still cold, I will donate my services to pull Amateur prizes for those who don't want to stay and enjoy the festivities.

I cannot guarantee, however, the accuracy or timeliness of my prize pulling abilities.

You should really only do that under RM supervision...I think I know a guy that can help out!

Well shooters apparently there is a shortage of "pro" shooters at this match. So I was asked to do a pro clinic one night after the match.

Rather then me just ramble on about how I do this or how you shouldn't do that I figured I'd ask what talk want to hear from me. Or I can bring some beer and we can take turns shooting the empties.

The Pro shooters will need a sling.

Thanks for the reminder! I am leaving for the airport in 30 minutes and didn't have a sling or QD mount points for sling on my rifle.

Stop in at the Bowling Green, KY Gander Mountain or Cabelas (20 minutes south of Rockcastle) and get a sling...or the nearby Tractor Supply store and get some hay bale string.

And your gun might get left behind...

Edited by ClutchUSMC